Jaypee University of Engineering and Technology
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Logo of the Jaypee University of Engineering & Technology
|Jaypee Institute of Engineering & Technology(JIET)|
|Motto||विद्या तत्व ज्योतिसमः|
Motto in English
|Education, Enlightenment, Empowerment|
|Chancellor||Dr. Rameshwar Thakur, Hon. Governor of Madhya Pradesh|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. N. J. Rao|
|Dean||Prof. S. Arunachalam|
|Location||Guna, Madhya Pradesh, India
|Alumni||Jaypee Alumni Association|
|Colors||Blue and white
Jaypee University of Engineering & Technology (JUET) is a private engineering university (earlier known as Jaypee Institute of Engineering and Technology) located at Raghogarh, Guna, Madhya Pradesh, India. The university curriculum focuses on undergraduate and postgraduate engineering studies and research in engineering disciplines.
Jaypee University of Engineering and Technology, Guna was established in 2003 based on the memorandum of understanding signed between Jaiprakash Sewa Sansthan (a not-for-profit trust) and the government of Madhya Pradesh with an aim of becoming a Center of Excellence in Engineering and Technology. Government of Madhya Pradesh vide Gazette Extraordinary No. 3 of 2010 dated 29 April 2010 approved it as the first private university in the State of Madhya Pradesh under the provisions of Madhya Pradesh Niji Vishwavidyalaya Adhiniyam 2007. This was formally assented by His Excellency the Governor of Madhya Pradesh on 10 August 2010 for the establishment of Jaypee University of Engineering & Technology (JUET), Raghogarh, Guna (M.P.), vide Act No. 23 of 2010 published in Madhya Pradesh Gazette (Extraordinary) Notification Srl. No. 420 dated 13 August 2010. JUET was approved by the University Grants Commission under section 2(f) of the UGC Act 1956.
Jaypee University of Engineering & Technology, Raghogarh, Guna has been placed amongst the top 100 universities in India. It has been ranked 86th all over India and among the universities in Madhya Pradesh it has been ranked 2nd by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF),Human Resource Development Ministry, Govt. of India.
United Nations Listing
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (January 2016)|
The campus is situated on the National Highway No. 3 Agra-Bombay National Highway (A-B Road). From Raghogarh, Gwalior is 250 km to the north of it, Bhopal 190 km to the south and Indore 250 km to the south.
JUET campus has been designed for total connectivity of all its systems. All the blocks of JUET premises, including hostel and accommodation, are connected via LAN through the IBM and Compaq servers (IBM Xeon 2.8 GHz, Dual Processor, Server RAID 6i Controller, 4.0 GB RAM, 5x73 GB SCSI Hard Disk). The switching has been implemented through Extreme switches with fiber as backbone and E-Cat6 for desktop connectivity.
It has a computer centre with 135 nodes (IBM PC) operating on Unix, Linux and Windows environments. The computer center provides computing facilities to the academic and administrative community of the college, conducts and supports application development projects and other services like counseling, finance, payroll, students registration through ISSEI software developed by IT division of Jaypee Group.
The center is equipped with hardware facilities like Intel based multi-user Unix system, NetWare LAN, WINDOWS NT network, Over 20 licensed software products are available to the users through central facilities. These include language compilers, database systems, visual tools, multimedia software's as well as software for scientific, engineering, business administration and planning applications.
Jaypee University has a BSNL lease line for Internet connectivity. Students, faculty and staff have access to the Internet. Now university has taken lease line from GAIL also to provide 24-hour Internet facility to students.
- Chancellor - Dr. Rameshwar Thakur, Hon. Governor of Madhya Pradesh
- Pro Chancellor - Shri. Manoj Gaur, Executive Chairman, Jaypee Group
- Vice Chancellor - Prof. N.J. Rao
- Dean - Prof. Arunachalam
- Registrar - Brig O.P. Gurung, SM, VSM (Retd)
The academic activities of JUET started in 2003. The following undergraduate degree programs are offered:
- Bachelor Of Technology in Chemical Engineering
- Bachelor Of Technology in Civil Engineering
- Bachelor Of Technology in Computer Science and Engineering
- Bachelor Of Technology in Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor Of Technology in Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor Of Technology in Information Technology
- Bachelor Of Technology in Electronics and Communication Engineering
The university offers following postgraduate programmes:
- Master Of Technology in Computer Science & Engineering
- Master Of Technology in Electronics & Communications Engineering
- Master Of Technology in Construction Management
- Master Of Technology in Environmental Engineering
- Master Of Technology in Chemical Engineering
- Master Of Technology in Industrial Engineering and Management
- Master Of Technology in Petroleum and Mineral Resources Engineering
- Master Of Technology in Water Resources Engineering
Jaypee University has a campus with laboratories and library.
Learning Resource Centre
The Learning Resource Center of JUET is a major activity center providing facilities to the students and staff for almost 15 hours a day. The library is fully classified and cataloged, and users can search for information at their own. The institute uses the library management software, Alice for Windows. LRC users know the availability of the books and other materials through the software OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue).
The library is linked with DELNET (Developing Library Network). Users of LRC enjoy the access of reading materials through this network also. Photocopying facilities are available for user convenience.
The center has latest books and journals covering all branches of science and engineering offered by the institute. It subscribes a large number of nationally and internationally acclaimed journals and magazines. Special volumes like handbooks, standard manuals, encyclopedia, technical reports, conference proceedings along with the prescribed text and reference books are available. The center is capable to accommodate a large number of students at a time. The LRC also provides the users with facilities of providing computerized search of literature.
A separate Learning Resource Center building with all modern facilities and full air conditioning with a modern auditorium complex is under construction.
The university has separate hostels for boys and girls. Presently, there are 21 block of boys' hostels having the capacity to accommodate 2,000 students. At present, the girls' hostel has the capacity to accommodate around 170, and it is in process to be extended to 250 inmates.
Separate Annapurna has been established for boys and girls. It provides dining facilities. Jaypee can accommodate around 500 students at a time in three dining halls.
To cater for day-to-day needs of the students, a tuck shop, canteen, and a PCO is provided on campus. A service shop for photocopies, computer printing, PCO with STD/ISD facilities, courier, speed posts, soda shop, mobile recharge etc. is on campus. A barbershop functions every day.
The Jaypee Youth Club (JYC) is the sole student body of the university. Intra- and inter-college events are organized by it. Main events JUET are
- Dextra: The annual technical festival of JUET. It was organized by ISF (IETE Students Forum) for the first time on 6–7 February 2010 and is planned to be held in the month of September from next semester onwards.
- D'Equinox: is the National Open Annual Cultural Festival of the Jaypee University of Engineering & Technology, lasting for 3 days. . It is conducted by student-run non-profit organization popularly known JUET Youth Club,JYC. D’Equinox organizes Pronites & Mega-events including Panache-The hunt for Mr. and Ms. D'Equinox, Raga- The war of bands, Stagecraft- Stage Drama , Nukkad Natak , Verve- The Fashion Showcase, Dropping Notes- Sole and Duet Singing Competition, Solo and Duet Dance Competition , Sync- The group Dance competition and numerous Fun events. A Cultural festival which will create, develop, coordinate and promote opportunities for the student community to participate and display their talent in cultural, art, literary and recreational activities.
- El-Partido-Grande-de-freshers: The welcome day for the freshmen batch.
- Adios: The farewell party for the passing out final year batch.
- JUET Youth Concord: The National level Youth Parliament held annually in the month of April .
- CSI-Student Branch: Computer Society of India has accorded to establish student branch at Jaypee University and student branch of CSI is functioning from 2006 with student branch code of 0072. Technical and literary events are organized every semester.
- IETE-Student Branch: Institute Of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers - Student Branch.
- MES- Mechanical Engineering Society
- JCESS-JUET Chemical Engineering Student's Society
- ASME-Student Branch: American Society for Mechanical Engineers-Student Branch.
- Civil Engineering Forum (CEF)
- ITBI, 2012 in collaboration with IMT Nagpur
- GAMS, 2006
- WMVC, 2006: The JUET organized third national conference on Applicable Mathematics in Wave Mechanics and Vibrations in collaboration with Von Karman Society for Advanced Study and Research in Mathematical and Social Sciences, Jalpaiguri, West Bengal on October 15–17, 2006
- CSN, 2008
- RDAMIT, 2009: The National Symposium on “Recent Developments in Applicable Mathematics and Information technology” was organized with Annual Conference of Vijnana Parishad of India at JUET 4–6 December 2009.
- ConfER, 2010: National Conference on Education & Research
- RAMSE 2010