Jazmin Grace Grimaldi
Jazmin Grace Grimaldi
|Born||4 March 1992|
Palm Springs, California, U.S.
Jazmin Grace Grimaldi (born 4 March 1992) is the daughter of Albert II, Prince of Monaco, and Tamara Jean Rotolo. Since her parents have never married, she has no title and is not in the line of succession to the Monegasque throne.
Prince Albert II publicly confirmed Grimaldi's paternity on 1 June 2006, noting that he had wanted to protect her identity until she was an adult. Grimaldi is the older half-sister of Alexandre Grimaldi-Coste and of Prince Albert's two legitimate children, Princess Gabriella, Countess of Carladès, and Jacques, Hereditary Prince of Monaco.
Grimaldi was born in Palm Springs, California in the United States on 4 March 1992. Her mother, Tamara Jean Rotolo (born 25 October 1961, in California), later a real estate agent, was a waitress at the time she met Prince Albert. Grimaldi was born when her mother's divorce proceedings to David Schumacher were not finalized. She didn't connect with her father until her visit to Monaco at the age of 11.
Grimaldi grew up in Palm Desert, California and Orange County. She was educated at Catholic schools: St. Margaret's Episcopal School where she graduated at the age of 14 and JSerra High School where she graduated in June 2010. She was an honor student and a soloist in a school choir that performed with singer Barry Manilow.
Upon graduation, she received The JSerra Senior Faculty Award and the Fine Arts Award. She was also selected to be a lifetime member of The California Scholarship Federation, and has been since she was a sophomore, entitling her to the distinction of Sealbearer. After graduating from JSerra High School, Grimaldi then attended Fordham University from 2010 until her graduation in May 2014.
Out-of-wedlock children are not in the line of succession to the Monegasque throne according to Article 10 of the Constitution of Monaco, which specifies that only "direct and legitimate" descendants of Monaco's monarch (or of the monarch's siblings) may inherit the throne. Because her mother's divorce proceedings were not finalized by the time of Grimaldi's birth, Grimaldi could not have been be legitimized for accession to the Monegasque throne through the subsequent marriage of her biological parents.
Extramarital children are common in the ruling family of Monaco — in every generation for the last 100 years a Grimaldi has had an acknowledged child who did not have legitimacy of birth for the throne. Some of these have obtained succession rights through legitimization or adoption, including Princess Charlotte, Duchess of Valentinois, an extramarital child who was adopted by her own father, and who then ceded her succession rights to her son Rainier on May 30, 1944. Prince Rainier III made obtaining succession rights in this manner impossible for the extramarital children of his son Albert by a 2002 modification to the constitution which limited the succession to direct, legitimate issue born in wedlock.
On 26 October 2006, Albert II gave an interview to US television personality Larry King. Albert said his children are not in line for the Monegasque throne but that they would be taken care of financially. They also stand to inherit a part of Prince Albert's personal fortune, estimated at more than one billion dollars.
Grimaldi first on-screen appearance was a role as a cashier in the TV series Jay & Pluto in 2016. A year later, she starred as Mora in the short film The Scarlet M. Grimaldi will star as Amber in the 2019 film Cicada.
Besides embarking on a career as an actress, Grimaldi is also pursuing a career as a singer. On 10 April 2018, she announced that she would release her first single titled Fearless soon.
On 22 October 2012, Grimaldi attended the 30th Anniversary of the Princess Grace Awards in New York City with her father and stepmother, Princess Charlene. In an article published in Hello magazine about the event, the Prince was described as protective of his daughter, who was said to admire and respect her father. Grimaldi's first published interview, in 2015 with Harpers Bazaar was conducted at the Prince's Palace of Monaco in Monte Carlo. Grimaldi talked about her grandmother Princess Grace, her father, her siblings and life in Monaco.
On March 14, 2018, she traveled to Monaco to celebrate her father's 60th birthday, days before final preparations for 28th Rallye Aicha des Gazelles du Maroc in Morocco, as did the daughter of Princess Stephanie, Pauline Ducruet. Grimaldi took 3rd Place in her class (e-class), for the all-women's event.
Her father's foundation, the Prince Albert of Monaco Foundation, is listed as one of her sponsors in addition to fashion brands Alice + Olivia, Philipp Plein, Tory Sport and Tory Burch Foundation.
In November 2006, Grimaldi visited eight islands in Fiji on a humanitarian mission to help bring the local children assistance in education, medicine, and community development. One of her stops was at a school for the disabled and she donated 30,000 prenatal vitamins to the Savusavu Hospital on the island of Vanua Levu. She has also established a humanitarian fund for the region called Jazmin Fund.
Grimaldi said in an interview with Tory Daily that she was inspired to start The Jazmin Fund because "From an early age, I’ve been passionate about volunteering and getting involved in local outreach programs, and always wanted to start my own initiative." She said that her best experiences in Fiji was "dancing and singing with the kids of Fiji and seeing the excitement on their faces as we introduced their picture to them—through a camera—for the first time!" And she said that her proudest moment was being able to raise awareness and provide many items off of the villages’ wish list.
Grimaldi is an advocate for women’s empowerment and is part of American fashion designer Tory Burch’s campaign Embrace Ambition, which is aimed at providing funds, education and resources to female entrepreneurs.
|2017||The Scarlet M||Mora||Yelizaveta Semerik||Short film|
|2019||Cicada||Amber||Matthew Fifer, Kieran Mulcare|
|2016||Jay & Pluto||Cashier||Small roles|
- "JazminGraceGrimaldi (@jazmingrimaldi) • Instagram photos and videos". Instagram. Retrieved December 31, 2018.
- "Prince Albert of Monaco's daughter Jazmin Grace Grimaldi undergoes style transformation". Hello Magazine.
- "A Detailed Look at the Many Romances of Prince Albert of Monaco". Town & Country.
- "Who's Your Daddy? Part Deux". People.
- "EXCLUSIVE: Grace Kelly's Granddaughter Jazmin Grace Grimaldi Opens Up!". Harpers Bazaar.
- Wilson, Jeff (June 2, 2006). "Monaco prince's daughter returns to school without the reporters". San Diego Union-Tribune. Retrieved August 25, 2018.
Finally, at the end of the school day, a ponytailed blond girl in a school uniform was escorted to an armored Lincoln Navigator registered to Los Angeles security expert Gavin de Becker's firm.
- "Prince of Monaco skips daughter's college graduation". Page Six.
- Gouvernement Princier: Principauté de Monaco. La Constitution de la Principauté: Titre II. Le Prince, La Dévolution de La Couronne. (French), accessed 21 November 2016.
- de Badts de Cugnac, Chantal. Guy Coutant de Saisseval. Nouvelle Imprimerie Laballery. Paris. 2002. pp. 696, 698-700, 703. (French) ISBN 2-9507974-3-1
- Genealogisches Handbuch des Adels, Fürstliche Häuser XIX. "Monaco". C.A. Starke Verlag, 2011, pp. 58-60. (German). ISBN 978-3-7980-0849-6.
- Wilson, Jeff. A 'Princess Diaries' Moment for Albert's Daughter, The Washington Post, June 5, 2006. Accessed December 10, 2014.
- "Jazmin Grace Grimaldi". IMDb.
- "Jazmin Grace Grimaldi in Jay & Pluto (2016)". IMDb.
- "Full Cast & Crew: The Scarlet M (2017)". IMDb.
- "Jazmin Grace Grimaldi Filmography". IMDb.
- "Jazmin Grace Grimaldi on Instagram: "We are FEARLESS!..."". Instagram. April 10, 2018. Retrieved July 7, 2018.
... I am happy to announce that the release of my first single is coming soon!!...
- "Five things to know about Jazmin Grace Grimaldi". channel24.
- "JAZMIN GRACE GRIMALDI SHARES ALL ABOUT HER LIFE-CHANGING EXPERIENCE IN FIJI". Hola!.
- Romy Oltuski. EXCLUSIVE: Grace Kelly's Granddaughter Jazmin Grace Grimaldi Opens Up!. Harper's Bazaar. 21 July 2015. Accessed 6 August 2015.
- "Jazmin Grace Grimaldi travels to Monaco for Prince Albert's birthday and final preparations for Morocco race". Hello!.
- "Rallye Aicha des Gazelles du Maroc". Rallye Aicha des Gazelles.
- "Jazmin Grace, reine du rallye Aïcha des gazelles". Paris Match (in French).
- "Princess Grace's granddaughters Jazmin Grimaldi and Pauline Ducruet are bringing girl power to the Moroccan desert".
- "PAULINE DUCRUET Y JAZMIN GRACE GRIMALDI, DOS AVENTURERAS EN EL DESIERTO DE MARRUECOS". Hola! (in Spanish).
- "Jazmin Grace Grimaldi went to school in Palm Desert when Prince Albert was revealed as her dad. Now she's racing across Sahara for charity". The Desert Sun.
- Princess Jazmin tours islands, The Fiji Times, November 21, 2006. Accessed December 10, 2014.
- "#EmbraceAmbition: Jazmin Grace Grimaldi and Rallye Aïcha des Gazelles". Tory Daily.