Jazmin Grace Grimaldi
|Jazmin Grace Grimaldi|
4 March 1992 |
Palm Springs, Riverside County, California, USA
|Parent(s)||Albert II of Monaco
Charlene, Princess of Monaco (stepmother)
|Relatives||Alexandre Coste Grimaldi
Princess Gabriella, Countess of Carladès (paternal half-sister)
Jacques, Hereditary Prince of Monaco (paternal half-brother)
Princess Stéphanie of Monaco (paternal aunt)
Caroline, Princess of Hanover (paternal aunt)
Andrea Casiraghi (paternal cousin)
Charlotte Casiraghi (paternal cousin)
Pierre Casiraghi (paternal cousin)
Princess Alexandra of Hanover (paternal cousin)
Louis Ducruet (paternal cousin)
Pauline Ducruet (paternal cousin)
Camille Gottlieb (paternal cousin)
Prince Albert II publicly confirmed Jazmin's paternity on 1 June 2006, noting that he had wanted to protect her identity until she was an adult. Jazmin is the older half-sister of Alexandre Coste Grimaldi and of Prince Albert's two legitimate children, Princess Gabriella, Countess of Carladès, and Jacques, Hereditary Prince of Monaco.
Out-of-wedlock children are not in the line of succession to the Monegasque throne according to Article 10 of the Constitution of Monaco, as amended 2 April 2002 by law n°1.249, which specifies that only "direct and legitimate" descendants of Monaco's monarch (or of the monarch's siblings) may inherit the throne. Because her mother's divorce proceedings were not finalized by the time of Jazmin's birth, Jazmin is legally the product of adultery and cannot be legitimated through the subsequent marriage of her biological parents.
On 26 October 2006, Albert II gave an interview to US television personality Larry King. Albert said his children are not in line for the Monegasque throne but that they would be taken care of financially. They are also heirs to Prince Albert's personal fortune, estimated at more than one billion dollars.
- Fordham University, New York, New York 2010–2014
- JSerra Catholic High School, Orange County, California 2006–2010, Alumna
- St. Margaret's Episcopal School, Palm Desert, California. 2001–2006, Alumna
Jazmin Grace is described to the press as a “mature, sweet and intelligent" girl. At 14 years of age, she graduated from St. Margaret’s Episcopal School in Palm Desert, California, and entered JSerra High School in Orange County, California.
In November 2006, Jazmin Grace visited eight islands in Fiji on a humanitarian mission to help bring the local children assistance in education, medicine, and community development. One of her stops was at a school for the disabled and she donated 30,000 prenatal vitamins to the Savusavu Hospital on the island of Vanua Levu. She has also established a humanitarian fund for the region called Jazmin Fund.
Upon graduation, she received The JSerra Senior Faculty Award and the Fine Arts Award. She was also selected to be a lifetime member of The California Scholarship Federation, and has been since she was a sophomore, entitling her to the distinction of Sealbearer.
On 22 October 2012, Jazmin Grace attended the 30th Anniversary of the Princess Grace Awards in New York City with her father and stepmother, Princess Charlene. In an article published in Hello Magazine about the event, the Prince is described as protective of his daughter, who is said to admire and respect her father.
In Jazmin Grace's first published interview, conducted from the palace in Monaco, she discusses Princess Grace, her father, her siblings and life in Monaco
Illegitimate children are nothing new in the Princely family of Monaco — in every generation for the last 100 years a Grimaldi has had an acknowledged illegitimate child. Some of these have obtained succession rights through legitimization or adoption, including Princess Charlotte, an illegitimate child who was adopted by her own father, and who then ceded her succession rights to her son Rainier, on May 30, 1944. Prince Rainier III made obtaining succession rights in this manner impossible for the illegitimate children of his son Albert by adopting a new constitution in 2002, which limited the succession to direct, legitimate issue.
|Ancestors of Jazmin Grace Grimaldi|
- Monaco royal wedding: No bridesmaid or page boy role for Albert's children, HELLO! Magazine. Accessed December 10, 2014.
- Princess Jazmin tours islands, The Fiji Times, November 21, 2006. Accessed December 10, 2014.
- Wilson, Jeff. Monaco prince's daughter returns to school without the reporters, San Diego Union-Tribune, June 2, 2006. Accessed December 10, 2014.
- Knight, Kathryn. A VERY uneasy wedding kiss and the dark rumours that haunt Monaco's 'bolting bride', Daily Mail, July 1, 2011. Accessed December 10, 2014.
- Romy Oltuski. EXCLUSIVE: Grace Kelly's Granddaughter Jazmin Grace Grimaldi Opens Up!. Harper's Bazaar. 21 July 2015. Accessed 6 August 2015.
- Wilson, Jeff. A 'Princess Diaries' Moment for Albert's Daughter, The Washington Post, June 5, 2006. Accessed December 10, 2014.