Jean-Baptiste Soufron in 2010
April 6, 1978 |
Jean-Baptiste Soufron, born 6 April 1978 at Bordeaux, France, is a Lawyer, a journalist. He has been an advisor to the French Government and the former General Secretary of the French National Digital Council (2013-2014).
Soufron is a lawyer and a journalist, who graduated from La Sorbonne. He translated The Future of Ideas, a book by Lawrence Lessig into French. He has been a consultant for free software and open source companies in 2006.
He was involved in Wikipedia at the beginning of the project, helping with legal matters before becoming Lead Legal Coordinator and then Chief Legal Officer of the Wikimedia Foundation (2006-2008).
In 2010, Soufron was director of the think tank of Cap Digital. Furthermore, he has been writing on open innovation and digital culture in Esprit, on Internet politics in Dissent  He founded several startups such as Amusement Magazine and the review website nonfiction.fr. As a journalist, he co-hosted the live shows Minuit/Dix and Le Rendez-Vous on France Culture.
In 2012, he worked along with Fleur Pellerin, an advisor of candidate François Hollande, on the digital economy. After the election of Hollande as President of France and the nomination of Fleur Pellerin as Deputy Minister of Small & Medium-Sized Businesses and Digital Economy, he became senior advisor on digital economy to Fleur Pellerin. He was General Secretary of Conseil national du numérique (2013-2015).
In 2015, he became a partner at the Law Firm FWPA Avocats in Paris.
He is regularly featured in the press, and owns a blog at www.soufron.com.
- « Building a New IP Marketplace », Jean-Baptiste Soufron, IBM GIO 2.0, septembre 2006, page 2.
- Election in 2005
- Wikimedia Foundation Resolutions
- (in French) Jean-Baptiste Soufron, Directeur du programme Think Digital
- (in French) Abdel Bounane et Jean-Baptiste Soufron lancent le premier magazine haut de gamme dédié aux jeux vidéos.
- description of Jean-Baptiste Soufron on France Culture website
- (in French) Jean-Baptiste Soufron, un monsieur Net très propre sur lui (2013-01-20)
|This French business–related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|