||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (April 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Jean-Claude Casadesus (born Jean-Claude Probst) is a French conductor.
Casadesus was born in Paris on December 7, 1935, the son of actress Gisèle Casadesus and her husband Lucien Pascal. He began his career as a percussionist before studying composition and conducting with Pierre Dervaux and Pierre Boulez.
In 1969 he was hired as assistant conductor at the Paris Opéra and the Opéra-Comique. In 1971 he co-founded the Orchestre National des Pays de la Loire with Pierre Devaux, and acted as Devaux's deputy there until 1976. In 1976 he became principal conductor of the Orchestre nationale de Lille, performing concerts locally and internationally. He directed the French Youth Orchestra in 2007.
Jean-Claude has been married twice and has three children, his only daughter Caroline (b. 30 October 1962) is an opera singer and his first born son Sebastian Copeland (b. 3 April 1964) is a film director whose mother is Pénélope Copeland, his second son Olivier (b. 2 September 1970) is an actor whose mother is Anne Sevestre.
- Commandeur de la Légion d'honneur
- Commandeur de l'Ordre national du Mérite
- Commandeur des Arts et Lettres
- Commandeur de l'Ordre d'Orange-Nassau
- Officier de l'Ordre de Léopold de Belgique
- Chevalier des Palmes Académiques
In 2004, the Victoires de la musique classique awarded him a victory of honour.
Discography with l'Orchestre National de Lille
- Richard Wagner, Ouvertures et monologues célèbres, Le Vaisseau Fantôme, Tännhauser, Les Maîtres chanteurs de Nuremberg, La Walkyrie, avec José van Dam, Label Forlane
- Darius Milhaud, La Création du monde, Le Bœuf sur le toit, Suite Provençale, L'Homme et son Désir, Label Naxos
- Serge Prokofiev, Alexander Nevsky (Cantata), Lieutenant Kijé (Suite), Label Naxos
- Hector Berlioz, La Damnation de Faust, Label Naxos
- Hector Berlioz, Symphonie Fantastique, Label Harmonia Mundi
- Joseph Canteloube, Chants d'Auvergne, Label Naxos
- Gustav Mahler, Symphonies, Label Forlane
- Georges Bizet, Clovis et Clotilde - Te Deum, Label Naxos - Abeille Musique, 2010
- Le plus court chemin d'un cœur à l'autre, Jean-Claude Casadesus, Éditions Stock
(création de l'orchestre)
|Chef principal, Orchestre national de Lille
|Directeur musical, Orchestre français des jeunes
Dennis Russell Davies