June 15, 1972 |
Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada
|Height||5 ft 10 in (178 cm)|
|Weight||172 lb (78 kg; 12 st 4 lb)|
|Played for||New York Rangers
Columbus Blue Jackets
HC Lada Togliatti
Thomas Sabo Ice Tigers
Jean-François "J. F." Labbé, nicknamed Ti-Mine, (born June 15, 1972 in Sherbrooke, Quebec) is a Canadian former professional ice hockey goaltender who played in the National Hockey League with the New York Rangers and the Columbus Blue Jackets
After playing four seasons in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, Labbé began a very successful American Hockey League career. He played for the Prince Edward Island Senators, Cornwall Aces, Hershey Bears, Hamilton Bulldogs, Hartford Wolf Pack and Syracuse Crunch in his AHL tenure. His best season came in 1996–1997 with the Hershey Bears, when he won both the Hap Holmes Memorial Award for lowest goals against average and the Les Cunningham Award for league MVP. Labbé won the Calder Cup with the Hartford Wolf Pack in 2000.
Labbé has played in the DEL for three seasons, with Augsburger Panther in 2004–05 and with the Sinupret Ice Tigers in 2005–06 and 2006–07. For the 2008 and 2009 season he joined the Vienna Capitals in Austria's Erste Bank Hockey League.
Labbé was selected for induction as part of the American Hockey League Hall of Fame's 2016 class.
Labbé currently holds records with the Syracuse Crunch for:
- Lowest GAA in a single season - 2.18 (2001–02)
- Highest single season save percentage - .928 (2001–02)
- Career shutouts - 11
Awards and honours
|Jacques Plante Memorial Trophy||1991–92|
|CHL Third All-Star Team||1991–92|
|American Hockey League|
|First All-Star Team||1995–96|
|Calder Cup||1996–97, 1999–2000|
|Hap Holmes Memorial Award||1996–97, 1999–2000|
|Aldege "Baz" Bastien Memorial Award||1996–97|||
|Les Cunningham Award||1996–97|||
|Second All-Star Team||2001–02|
- "St. Francois Training camp starts with some surprises". Sherbrooke Saint-François. 2010-09-10. Archived from the original on 2011-10-20. Retrieved 2010-09-10.
- "Aldege "Baz" Bastien Award". American Hockey League. 2010-07-20. Archived from the original on 2010-06-30. Retrieved 2010-07-10.
- "Les Cunningham Award". American Hockey League. 2010-07-21. Archived from the original on 2010-08-01. Retrieved 2010-07-21.
- Jean-François Labbé career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|CoHL Best Goaltender of the Year
Manny Legace and Scott Langkow
|Winner of the Hap Holmes Memorial Award
Jean-Sébastien Giguère and Tyler Moss
|Winner of the Les Cunningham Award