From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2 July 1966 |
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter, film producer, film editor|
Jean-François Richet (born 2 July 1966) is a French screenwriter, director, and producer.
He grew up in Meaux, a suburb east of Paris.
- État des lieux (1995) – named at the César Awards 1996 in the Best Debut category.
- Ma 6-T va crack-er (1997) – a film which caricatures gang warfare.
- Assault on Precinct 13 (2005) – an action/thriller starring Ethan Hawke, Laurence Fishburne, John Leguizamo, Maria Bello, Ja Rule, and Drea de Matteo. It is a loose remake of John Carpenter's 1976 film of the same name, with an updated plot.
- Mesrine (2008) – featuring Vincent Cassel as Jacques Mesrine, co-starring Gérard Depardieu, Mathieu Amalric and Cécile de France. The movie (an adaptation of L'Instinct de mort) is being released in two parts, the first L'instinct de mort (English title: Killer Instinct) was released in France on 22 October 2008 and the second part L'Ennemi public n°1 (English title: Public Enemy No. 1) was released in French theaters on 19 November 2008.
- One Wild Moment (2015)
- Blood Father (2015)
- A. O. Scott (19 January 2005). "'Assault on Precinct 13': O.K., Guys, Just What Side of the Law Are You On?". The New York Times. Retrieved 1 December 2008.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jean-François Richet.|