|Date of birth||23 January 1981|
|Place of birth||Léogâne, Haiti|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|2002–2003||Arsenal de Sarandí||31||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 11 February 2018|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 14 November 2015 (UTC)
Born in Léogâne, Jean-Jacques Pierre began his career in the youth ranks of Haitian club Cavaly. After impressing with the Island club Pierre moved to Argentina joining Arsenal de Sarandí. After one season with Arsenal Pierre joined Deportivo Morón and went on to score an impressive seven goals as a defender. His play with Morón earned him a move to historic Uruguayan side Peñarol. While with Peñarol Pierre was a regular starter for the club and also featured during Copa Libertadores. He was voted as the best defender of the Uruguayan championship during 2004–2005.
In August 2005 he joined French club Nantes. Upon joining Nantes Pierre quickly became a first team regular. He made his debut for Nantes on 10 September 2005 in a 1–0 loss to Troyes AC. In six seasons in France he appeared in 143 league matches (including 68 Ligue 1 matches) and scored 4 goals.
Pierre was the captain of the U-23 Haiti national football team, and emerged as an important player for the full national squad. He made his full national team debut in a December 2001 friendly match against El Salvador and was a Haiti squad member at the 2002 and 2007 Gold Cup Finals. Also, he played in 2 World Cup qualifying matches in 2004. According to the Haitian press, on 25 March 2009, Jean-Jacques Pierre announced his retirement from the national side citing false accusations against him. Also, Pierre explained he was not as much valued in the national team as he was with Nantes F.C. However, he returned to the national team and participated in 2010 World Cup qualifying matches.
- CONCACAF Championship, Gold Cup 2002 - Full Details Archived 17 January 2010 at WebCite – RSSSF
- CONCACAF Championship, Gold Cup 2007 - Full Details Archived 24 October 2008 at the Wayback Machine – RSSSF
- World Cup qualifiers – FIFA.com
- Jean-Jacques Pierre at National-Football-Teams.com
- Jean-Jacques Pierre – French league stats at LFP
- Jean-Jacques Pierre at L'Équipe Football (in French)
- Profile – fcnhisto.com
- Jean-Jacques Pierre at Soccerway
|This biographical article related to Haitian association football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|