30 March 1943|
27 September 2016 (aged 73)|
At the 1968 Summer Olympics he was again eliminated in the heats of the 200 m, but reached the 100 metres final and placed eighth. At these Games he also set his career best time of 10.18 seconds in a tail wind of 2.0 m/s. This is the current Malagasy record.
In 1975 he became the first of only two men to date to have won the Stawell Gift, Australia's most prestigious professional foot race, off the scratch mark. The race is run over 120 metres, but entrants are handicapped according to their competitive form, and most start at a mark a few metres ahead of the start line.
- Athletics - Men's 100 m, 1964 - Full Olympians
- Athletics - Men's 200 m, 1964 Archived 2010-12-16 at WebCite - Full Olympians
- Athletics - Men's 100 m, 1968 - Full Olympians
- Athletics - Men's 200 m, 1968 Archived 2010-12-16 at WebCite - Full Olympians
- Malagasy athletics records Archived 2007-09-26 at the Wayback Machine.
- Athletics - Men's 100 m, 1972 - Full Olympians
- Athletics - Men's 4 x 100 m relay, 1972 - Full Olympians
- Sylvain Ranjalahy (29 September 2016). "Décès de Jean Louis Ravelomanantsoa – Une légende, une icône quitte la piste". L'Express de Madagascar.
|This biographical article relating to Malagasy athletics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|