This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Jean-Loup Puget (born 7 March 1947) is a French astrophysicist. His current research interests lie in the Cosmic Microwave Background. Jean-Loup Puget and his collaborators reported the first identification of the Cosmic infrared background using COBE data. He is also, along with Alain Léger, credited with the origin of the hypothesis that the series of infrared lines observed in numerous astrophysical objects are caused by emission from polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. He is currently principal investigator of the HFI module of the Planck space mission.
He served two terms as director of the Institut d'astrophysique spatiale from 1998 to 2005.
Jean-Loup Puget, Nazzareno Mandolesi and ESA Planck team were awarded 2018 Gruber Prize in Cosmology for their definitive measurements of the properties of our expanding universe. In 2018 he received the Shaw Prize in Astronomy.
- Aspect, Alain; Balibar, Sébastien; Balian, Roger; Bastard, Gérald; Bouchaud, Jean-Philippe; Brézin, Édouard; Cabane, Bernard; Combes, Françoise; Encrenaz, Thérèse; Fauve, Stephan; Fert, Albert; Fink, Mathias; Georges, Antoine; Joanny, Jean-François; Kaplan, Daniel; Le Bihan, Daniel; Léna, Pierre; Le Treut, Hervé; Poirier, Jean-Paul; Prost, Jacques; Puget, Jean-Loup (2009) [1st. Pub. 2004]. Demain, la physique. Odile Jacob. ISBN 9782738123053.
- J.-L. Puget; A. Abergel; J.-P. Bernard; F. Boulanger; W. B. Burton; F.-X. Désert; D. Hartmann (1996). "Tentative detection of a cosmic far-infrared background with COBE". Astronomy and Astrophysics. 308: L5–L8. Bibcode:1996A&A...308L...5P.
- A. Léger; J.-L. Puget (1984). "Identification of the "unidentified" IR emission features of interstellar dust?". Astronomy and Astrophysics. 137: L5–L8. Bibcode:1984A&A...137L...5L.
- "2018 Gruber Cosmology Prize". Retrieved 11 May 2018.
- "Announcement of The Shaw Laureates 2018" (Press release). The Shaw Prize Foundation. 2018-05-14. Retrieved 2018-09-11.