Jean-Marie Le Guen
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Jean-Marie Le Guen|
|Member of the French National Assembly for Paris|
3 January 1953 |
|Political party||Socialist Party|
|Alma mater||University of Paris|
Jean-Marie Le Guen (born 3 January 1953 in Paris) is a doctor, public health expert, and member of the National Assembly of France. He represents the city of Paris, and is a member of the Socialiste, radical, citoyen et divers gauche.
Jean-Marie Le Guen was born on January 3, 1953 in Paris, France.
On 17 June 2007, he was reelected as deputy for the XIIIth legislature (2007–2012), in the 9th district of Paris (part of the 13th arrondissement (which includes the neighborhoods of Gare, Salpêtrière, and the part of Maison- Blanche situated to the east of a line defined by the streets avenue d'Italie et avenue de la Porte-d'Italie)) with 22108 votes (62.57%).
He is responsible for matters of health in the National Assembly for the socialist party. President of the study group on obesity in the National Assembly, he is the author, in collaboration with Marc Horwitz, of "Obesity: The New French Sickness", published by Armand Colin in March 2005. He also presided over the parliamentary task force on the avian flu, and is vice-president of the parliamentary office of the evaluation of health policy, as well as a titular member of the High Council for the future of health insurance.
On 26 June 2007, he was elected as vice-president of the national assembly.
- 29 July 1988 – 16 December 1992 : Deputy
- 20 March 1989 – 18 June 1995 : Member of the general council of Paris
- 20 March 1989 – 18 June 1995 : Member of the council of Paris
- 23 March 1992 – 25 June 1997 : Member of the regional council of Île-de-France
- 19 June 1995 – 18 March 2001 : Member of the general council of Paris
- 19 June 1995 – 18 March 2001 : Member of the council of Paris
- 1 June 1997 – 18 June 2002 : Deputy of Paris
- 19 June 2002 – 17 June 2007 : Deputy of Paris
- Since 20 June 2007 : Deputy for the 13th arrondissement of Paris
Term in progress
- Since 2008, assistant to the mayor in charge of public health and relations with the Assistance publique - Hôpitaux de Paris (AP-HP)
- President of the administrative council for the AP-HP
- Since 2008, Councilor of Paris
- Official site of Jean-Marie Le Guen
- Robi Morder, "Eléments pour une histoire politique de la mutuelle nationale des étudiants de France", Cahiers du Germe spécial n° 4, 2003/2004 (and on the site germe.info)
- Article in Le Monde from March 22nd, 2006
- "Liste Définitive des Députés Élus À L’issue des Deux Tours" (in French). National Assembly of France. Retrieved 4 July 2010.
- Jim Jarrassé, La banque Rothschild, un vivier de politiques, Le Figaro, August 27, 2014