|Full name||Jean-Pierre Schmitz|
15 February 1932|
|Died||14 November 2017(aged 85)|
|GP du Midi Libre (1957)|
Jean-Pierre Schmitz (Jempy Schmitz) (15 February 1932 – 14 November 2017) was a Luxembourgish professional road bicycle racer. Schmitz won the Midi Libre in 1957, the Tour de Luxembourg in 1954 and 1958, and one stage in the 1956 Tour de France. In 1955, Schmitz was second in the World Road race championship after Stan Ockers.
Schmitz died on 14 November 2017 at the age of 85.
- Luxembourg national amateur road race championship
- Tour de Luxembourg
- Tour de France, Winner stage 12
- Grand Prix du Midi Libre
- Luxembourg national road race championship and Tour de Luxembourg
- Jempy Schmitz ist verstorben (in German)
- Jean-Pierre Schmitz at Cycling Archives
- Official Tour de France results for Jean-Pierre Schmitz
|This biographical article relating to Luxembourgian cycling is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|