|Full name||Jean-Sylvain Claude Babin|
|Date of birth||14 October 1986|
|Place of birth||Corbeil-Essonnes, France|
|Height||1.82 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Centre back|
|2007–2008||→ Martigues (loan)||32||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 11 February 2017.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 16 November 2014
Born in Corbeil-Essonnes, Essonne, Babin graduated from LB Châteauroux's youth setup, and made his senior debuts with the B-team. He started appearing as a professional in the 2003–04 season, featuring once with the main squad in Ligue 2.
On 14 July 2008, Babin moved to Spain and joined Lucena CF in Segunda División B. He was regularly used by the Andalusians during his stint, being an important defensive unit during the 2009–10 campaign.
On 2 August 2010, Babin signed for AD Alcorcón, freshly promoted to Segunda División. He made his debut for the Madrid club late in the month, starting in a 1–1 away draw against Albacete Balompié.
Babin scored his first goal for the Alfareros on 22 October 2011, netting the winner in a 2–1 home success over Recreativo de Huelva. He added a further four during the season, as his team missed out on promotion in the play-offs.
On 9 June 2014, Babin signed with Granada CF for four years. He made his debut in La Liga on 23 August, and scored to help the hosts come from behind and win it 2–1 against Deportivo de La Coruña.
Babin chose to represent Martinique internationally. He gained his first cap during the 2013 CONCACAF Gold Cup, playing the full 90 minutes and helping to a 1–0 group stage success over Canada.
- Scores and results list Martinique's goal tally first.
|1.||1 June 2016||Stade Pierre-Aliker, Fort-de-France, Martinique||Guadeloupe||2–0||2–0||2017 Caribbean Cup qualification|
- J.S Babin à Martigues (J.S Babin to Martigues); LB Châteauroux, 30 August 2007 (French)
- Babin, un francés sub-23, nuevo fichaje del Lucena (Babin, an under-23 French, new signing of Lucena); Córdoba Deporte, 14 July 2008 (Spanish)
- El central francés Babin, sexto refuerzo del Alcorcón (French stopper Babin, sixth Alcorcón addition); Marca, 2 August 2010 (Spanish)
- El Alcorcón suma su primer punto en Segunda (Alcorcón gets first point in Segunda); Marca, 29 August 2010 (Spanish)
- 'This is Santo Domingo'; Marca, 22 October 2011 (Spanish)
- El Granada oficializa el fichaje del central Babin (Granada makes signing of stopper Babin official); Marca, 9 June 2014 (Spanish)
- El Granada ya muestra el oficio 'made in Caparrós' (Granada already showing know-how 'made in Caparrós'); Marca, 23 August 2014 (Spanish)
- "El Sporting firma al central Babin por tres años y logra la cesión del delantero del Villarreal Akran Afif" [Sporting sign stopper Babin for three years and get Villarreal forward Akran Afif loan] (in Spanish). La Nueva España. 4 August 2016. Retrieved 4 August 2016.
- Le fabuleux destin de Babin (The fabulous destiny of Babin); La Nouvelle République du Centre-Ouest, 4 February 2015 (Spanish)
- Canada dealt cruel blow in Gold Cup opener; Canada Soccer, 7 July 2013
- "Babin, Jean-Sylvain". National Football Teams. Retrieved 21 February 2017.