||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Béziau works in the field of logic—in particular, paraconsistent logic, the square of opposition and universal logic. He holds a Maîtrise in Philosophy from Pantheon-Sorbonne University, a DEA in Philosophy from Pantheon-Sorbonne University, a PhD in Philosophy from the University of São Paulo, a MSc and a PhD in Logic and Foundations of Computer Science from Denis Diderot University.
Béziau is the editor-in-chief of the journal Logica Universalis and of the South American Journal of Logic - an online, open-access journal - as well as of the Springer book series Studies in Universal Logic. He also co-edits College Publication's Portuguese-language book series Cadernos de Lógica e Filosofia
- "What is paraconsistent logic?" In D. Batens et al. (eds.), Frontiers of Paraconsistent Logic, Research Studies Press, Baldock, 2000, pp. 95–111. ISBN 0-86380-253-2
- Handbook of Paraconsistency (ed. with Walter Carnielli and Dov Gabbay). London: College Publication, 2007. ISBN 978-1-904987-73-4
- "Semantic computation of truth based on associations already learned" (with Patrick Suppes), Journal of Applied Logic, 2 (2004), pp. 457–467.
- "From paraconsistent logic to universal logic", Sorites, 12 (2001), pp. 5–32.
- Logica Universalis: Towards a General Theory of Logic (ed.) Basel: Birkhäuser Verlag, 2005, Second Edition 2007. ISBN 3-7643-7259-1
- "Logic is not logic", 'Abstracta' 6 (2010), pp. 73–102.
- "The power of the hexagon", Logica Universalis, 6 (2012), pp. 1–43.
- "History of truth-values", in D.M.Gabbay and J.Woods (eds) Handbook of the History of Logic, Vol. 11 - Logic: a history of its central concepts, Elsevier, Amsterdam, 2012, pp. 233–305
- The Square of Opposition: a General Framework for Cognition (ed. with Gillman Payette). Bern: Peter Lang, 2012. ISBN 978-3-0343-0537-2
- "The new rising of the square of opposition", in J.-Y.Béziau and D.Jacquette (eds), Around and Beyond the Square of Opposition, Birkhäuser, Basel, 2012, pp. 6–24.
- La pointure du symbole (ed.) Paris: Petra, 2014. ISBN 978-2-84743-048-6
- "The relativity and universality of logic", Synthese, 192 (2015), pp 1939–1954.
- "Logica Universalis". SpringerLink. Retrieved 2016-04-11.