|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2007)|
13 September 1884|
|Died||24 September 1967
|Children||John Cadell (b. 1915)|
Born in Edinburgh, she performed in the cinema and on the stage. One of her best-known cinema roles was in the Ealing Studios comedy Whisky Galore! (1948). She once performed opposite W. C. Fields in Hollywood, cast as Mrs. Micawber to his Wilkins Micawber in Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer's 1935 production of David Copperfield. Although Cadell remains in the released version of the film, her biggest scene (when the Micawber family prepare to emigrate) was deleted from the release prints.
Her brother was the artist Francis Cadell one of the Scottish Colourists. She married actor Perceval Perceval-Clark. Her son, born John Cadell Perceval-Clark in 1915 changed his name to John Cadell and became a theatrical agent. Her grandson Simon Cadell and her granddaughter Selina Cadell also became actors.  She died in London on 24 September 1967.
- The Man Who Stayed at Home (1915)
- Anna the Adventuress (1920)
- Alf's Button (1920)
- Fires of Fate (1932)
- Timbuctoo (1933)
- David Copperfield (1935)
- Whom the Gods Love (1936)
- Love from a Stranger (1937)
- South Riding (1938)
- Pygmalion (1938)
- Confidential Lady (1939)
- Quiet Wedding (1941)
- The Young Mr Pitt (1942)
- Dear Octopus (1943)
- I Know Where I'm Going! (1945)
- Jassy (1947)
- Marry Me! (1949)
- Whisky Galore! (1949)
- Madeleine (1950)
- The Reluctant Widow (1950)
- The Late Edwina Black (1951)
- Meet Mr. Lucifer (1953)
- Rockets Galore! (1957)
- The Little Hut (1957)
- The Surgeon's Knife (1957)
- Serious Charge (1959)
- Upstairs and Downstairs (1959)
- Very Important Person (1961)
- Jean Cadell; North American Theatre Online
- "Jean Cadell". BFI.
- "Jean Cadell movies, photos, movie reviews, filmography, and biography - AllMovie". AllMovie.
- "The Personal History, Adventures, Experience, & Observations of David Copperfield the Younger (1935) - BFI". BFI.
- "Lost work by Scottish colourist Cadell found on back of painting". BBC News.
- "Jean Cadell (1884 - 1967) - Find A Grave Memorial". findagrave.com.
- "Selina Cadell: 'Being plain has been pretty good for me' Doc Martin star on her late brother Simon, best friend Sigourney Weaver - and why she's glad she was never a ravishing beauty - Daily Mail Online". Mail Online.
- "Obituary: Simon Cadell". The Independent.
- Jean Cadell at the Internet Movie Database
- Jean Cadell at the Internet Broadway Database
- Jean Cadell at Find a Grave