|Date of birth||30 April 1984|
|Place of birth||Cormeilles-en-Parisis, France|
|Height||1.82 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Playing position||Right back|
|2009||→ Lorient (loan)||9||(0)|
|2009–2010||→ Grenoble (loan)||24||(0)|
|2010–2011||→ Sheffield United (loan)||18||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20 February 2018|
Following his various loan spells in France, Calvé arrived at Bramall Lane on trial in July 2010. Having played one pre-season game, then Blades boss Kevin Blackwell opted not to sign him. However, following Blackwell's departure a few weeks later, incoming boss Gary Speed quickly revived the move and Calvé signed a one-year loan deal with the Yorkshire club and suggested a desire to remain with Sheffield United following the completion of his loan spell.
Calvé scored his first ever career goal in his début game for the Blades against Preston North End at the end of August, smashing a 35-yard shot into the top corner. Despite an impressive start to his Blades career Calvé failed to cement himself in the first team, making only eighteen appearances that season. With the arrival of yet another new manager, Micky Adams, he was deemed surplus to requirements and was eventually released from his contract at the start of April 2011.
In the 2012–13 Ligue 2 team of the season.
- "Sheffield United seek new players". The Sheffield Star. 2010-07-28. Retrieved 2010-08-30.
- "Calve signs in". Sheffield United F.C. 2010-08-23. Archived from the original on 2010-08-27. Retrieved 2010-08-30.
- "Jean ready for Blades bow". The Blade – Matchday Magazine. 2010-08-28. p. 6.
- "Calve cracker and full Speed ahead". The Sheffield Star. 2010-08-30. Retrieved 2010-08-30.
- "Trio leave Lane". Sheffield United F.C. 2011-04-07. Archived from the original on 2011-04-14. Retrieved 2011-04-08.
- Erwann Penland (22 May 2012). "Caen : Jean Calvé (Nancy) arrive". foot-national.com. Retrieved 16 June 2012.
|This biographical article related to association football in France, about a defender born in the 1980s, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|