Jean Charles Lamoral of Ligne-La Trémoïlle
Prince Jean Charles Lamoral de La Trémoille
|Prince of Ligne-La Trémoïlle|
13th Duke of Thouars (more...)
|Duke of Thouars|
|period||27 October 1971 - 9 July 2005|
|Predecessor||Princess Charlotte de La Trémoille|
|Successor||Prince Charles-Antoine Lamoral de La Trémoïlle|
|Born||16 June 1911|
|Died||9 July 2005(aged 94)|
|Noble family||Ligne-La Trémoille|
|Spouse(s)||Maria del Rosario de Lambertye-Gerbeviller|
(m. 1942 - 2005; his death)
|Issue||Princess Hedwige Marie de La Trémoïlle|
Prince Charles-Antoine Lamoral de La Trémoïlle, 14th Duke of Thouars
Princess Nathalie Marie de La Trémoïlle
|Father||Prince Henri-Florent Lamoral of Ligne|
|Mother||Princess Charlotte de La Trémoille, 12th Duchess of Thouars|
Prince Jean Charles Lamoral de La Trémoïlle of Ligne-La Trémoïlle (16 June 1911 – 9 July 2005) 13th Duke of Thouars, 12th Duke of La Trémoïlle, 15th Prince de Tarente, 19th Prince de Talmond and 19th Count of Laval was a Franco-Belgian nobleman and the only child of the French Princess Charlotte de La Trémoille and her Belgian husband, Prince Henri-Florent Lamoral of Ligne.
Upon the death of his mother in 1971, he succeeded to all her French aristocratic titles as well as disputed potential claims to the Kingdom of Jerusalem.
Although a junior member of the House of Ligne, he founded a distinct cadet branch of that princely family: at the death of his childless maternal uncle, Louis Jean Marie de La Trémoille, prince étranger, Prince Jean Charles legally appended his maternal surname, "de La Trémoïlle", to his own in Belgium.
Marriage and Children
On 11 March 1942, he married in Paris, France Maria del Rosario de Lambertye-Gerbeviller, daughter of Charles Edmond de Lambertye, Marquis de Gerbeviller. They had three children, all of whom married into princely families:
- Hedwige Marie (b. 1943); who married at Antoing, Belgium in 1966 to Charles de Mérode (b. 1940).
- Charles-Antoine Lamoral (b. 1946), who married firstly in 1971 Lady Moira Forbes, daughter of the 9th Earl of Granard and his wife, Marie-Madeleine de Faucigny-Lucinge; after their divorce in 1975, he wed secondly at Neuilly-sur-Seine, France on 23 January 1976 Alyette de Croÿ (b. 1951), from whom he was divorced in 2002. He has issue by the second marriage:
- Edouard Lamoral Rodolphe, born in Paris in 1976, and wed at Antoing Castle 29 June 2009 to film actress (and god-daughter of Silvio Berlusconi) Isabella Orsini (born at Perugia 2 December 1974).
- Althea Isabelle Sophie
- Athénaïs Allegra Isabella
- Antoine Tau Édouard Adrien
- Charles Lamoral Joseph Malcolm, born in Paris in 1980, and wed at Antoing Castle 20 November 2010 to Ran Li (born in Guangdong, China).
- Amadeo Joseph Gabriel
- Nathalie Marie (1948–1992); who married at Saint-Georges-sur-Loire, France in 1973 to Alain de Polignac (b. 1940).
His legal title and style in Belgium was: "His Highness Jean Charles de Ligne de La Trémoïlle, Prince de Ligne."
- Almanach de Gotha, La Trémoïlle. Justus Perthes, 1944, p.463. French.
- Genealogishes Handbuch des Adels: Furstliche Hauser Band XIV. Limburg an der Lahn, Germany: C.A. Starke Verlag. 1991. pp. 495, 498–499. ISBN 3-7980-0700-4.
- Hello!. "Fairytale nuptials for Prince Edouard de Ligne and his Italian actress love". Hellomagazine.com. 9 September 2009. Retrieved 2 October 2011.
- "L'info sur lavenir.net – L'actu 24h/24, 7 jours sur 7 - Page de redirection". Lavenir.net. Retrieved 2014-04-21.