Jean-Georges Vongerichten at his flagship restaurant Jean Georges
|Head chef||Mark LaPico|
|Food type||New French|
|Dress code||Jackets are mandatory|
|Street address||1 Central Park West (between West 60th Street and West 61st Street), on the lobby level of the Trump International Hotel and Tower, on the Upper West Side of Manhattan|
|City||New York City|
Jean Georges is a two-Michelin-star restaurant at 1 Central Park West (between West 60th Street and West 61st Street), on the lobby level of the Trump International Hotel and Tower, on the Upper West Side of Manhattan, New York City, named after its owner Jean-Georges Vongerichten.
According to the Michelin Guide, it is one of the top five best French restaurants in the Americas. It also remains one of the few restaurants in the city awarded four stars by The New York Times. The current executive chef is Mark LaPico and executive pastry chef is Sean Considine.
Besides four stars from The New York Times, Jean Georges has received the James Beard award for Best Chef and Best New Restaurant, and Esquire Magazine voted Chef Vongerichten the Chef of the Year in 1997. Jean Georges restaurant also holds three Michelin stars, one of seven NYC restaurants currently holding the accolade.
In 2008 it received an 18/20 "Excellent" rating. In 2009 it won the James Beard Foundation Award for outstanding restaurant.
In 2007, Jean Georges executive sous chef Lia Bardeen was featured as a contestant on season three of Top Chef, the cooking reality competition on the Bravo network.
In 2010, Jean Georges won the James Beard Award for "Outstanding Wine Service".
In December 2015 Jean Georges was ranked number 3 in the United States and 51st in the world by La Liste; in the inaugural edition of the list of the 1,000 best restaurants in the world sanctioned by France’s Foreign Ministry.
- "Jean Georges | Manhattan | Restaurant Menus and Reviews". Zagat. Retrieved February 6, 2013.
- Krader, Kate (October 30, 2017). "There Are More Losers Than Winners on Michelin's 2018 New York List". Bloomberg. Retrieved October 31, 2017.
- Fabricant, Florence. "''New York Times'' profile of Jean-Georges Vongerichten". Topics.nytimes.com. Retrieved September 21, 2010.
- "About Jean-Georges". Allinfo.net. Retrieved September 21, 2010.
- "James Beard Awards Announced". The Washington Post. May 6, 2009. Retrieved May 6, 2010.
- "James Beard Foundation Awards 2010". Jbfawards.com. January 1, 2007. Archived from the original on May 28, 2010. Retrieved September 21, 2010.
- "The 10 Best Restaurants in New York City". zagat.com. Retrieved February 6, 2013.