Imre Hajdú (Hungarian: [ˈimrɛ ˈhɒjduː]; 26 January 1910 or 1911 in Budapest, Hungary - 21 October 1989 in Paris, France) better known by his stage name Jean Image[needs IPA] was a Hungarian-French director, script writer and producer of French animation films. The stage name, "Image" is based upon the French pronunciation of "Im-Haj", the first syllables of his name. He emigrated to France in 1932 where he worked on films and eventually produced several shorts on his own. After the war, influenced by the classic style of Walt Disney's films, he became the first French producer of the full-length animated film (Johnny the Giant Killer). In 1948, he founded the Films Jean Image company and in 1960 he devoted himself to producing television cartoon series. Two of these series (Kiri le Clown and Joe), have become very popular.
Jean Image was also the author of a book on animation titled "Le Dessin animé : initiation à la technique" (1979).
- Les Noirs jouent et gagnent la révolte des notes (1944)
- Rhapsodie de Saturne (1946)
- Ballade Atomique (1948)
- Monsieur Tout-le-Monde (1949)
- Johnny the Giant Killer (1950)
- Bonjour Paris (1952)
- La Cigale et la fourmi (1954)
- Monsieur Victor ou La Machine à explorer le temps (1955)
- Le Loup et l'agneau (1956)
- Un grain de bon sens (1956)
- L'Aventure du Père Noël (1956)
- La Petite reine (1958)
- Kiri le clown (TV series) (1966)
- Aladin et la lampe merveilleuse (1970)
- Joe the Little Boom Boom (Joe petit boum-boum) (1973)
- Arago X-001 (TV series, 1972–1973)
- Le Crayon magique (1974)
- Little Orbit the Astrodog and the Screechers from Outer Space (Pluk, naufragé de l'espace) (1979)
- Les Fabuleuses Aventures du legendaire Baron de Munchausen (1979)
- Le Secret des sélénites (1984)
- Les Rêves de Jeannot (series, 1985–1986)
- "IMAGE Jean". www.lesgensducinema.com. Retrieved 2016-10-10.
- Orosz, Anna Ida and Orosz, Márton. Vissza a szülőföldre! - IV. rész - Magyarok Franciaországban. FilmKultura. 2011. Archived 2013-11-06 at the Wayback Machine.
|This article about a French writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a French film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|