Jean MacIntosh Turfa
Jean MacIntosh graduated from Abington High School in Philadelphia and then earned her bachelor's degree at Gwynedd Mercy College. She went on to complete a Ph.D. in Classical and Near Eastern Archaeology at Bryn Mawr College in 1974.
Turfa has taught at the University of Liverpool, the University of Illinois at Chicago, the University of Chicago, Loyola University Chicago, Drexel University, Dickinson College, Bryn Mawr College, St. Joseph's University and the University of Pennsylvania.
She has participated in archaeological excavation campaigns in the United States, the United Kingdom, in Italy at Poggio Civitate (Murlo), and at Corinth in Greece. She has been engaged in research and museum-based projects at the Manchester Museum, the Liverpool Museum, the British Museum and the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology.
- [dissertation] Etruscan-Punic relations Ph.D. dissertation, Bryn Mawr College 1974.
- (editor) Catalogue of the Etruscan gallery of the University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology, Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania museum press , cop. 2005
- Divining the Etruscan world: the brontoscopic calendar and religious practice, Cambridge; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2012.
- with Marshall Joseph Becker. The Etruscans and the history of dentistry: the Golden Smile through the ages, London : Routledge, Taylor & Francis, 2017.
- with Bridget Algee-Hewitt and Marshall Joseph Becker. Human remains from Etruscan and Italic tomb groups in the University of Pennsylvania Museum, Pisa: Fabrizio Serra, 2009.
- (editor) The Etruscan world. London: Routledge, 2013.
- (editor) Women in antiquity: real women across the ancient world, London ; New York : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2016.
- [festschrift] Margarita Gleba and Hilary Wills Becker, edd. Votives, places and rituals in Etruscan religion, studies in honor of Jean MacIntosh Turfa, Leiden; Boston: Brill, 2009. ISBN 9789004170452.
- Margarita Gleba; Hilary Becker (2009). Votives, Places, and Rituals in Etruscan Religion: Studies in Honor OfJean MacIntosh Turfa. BRILL. pp. 27–. ISBN 978-90-04-17045-2.
- Jean MacIntosh Turfa (13 November 2014). The Etruscan World. Routledge. ISBN 978-1-134-05523-4.
- Istituto Nazionale di Studi Etruschi ed Italici - sito ufficiale, su http://studietruschi.org, Istituto Nazionale di Studi Etruschi ed Italici, 2018.
- Jean MacIntosh (1976). Etruscan-Punic relations.