|Member of Parliament|
5 July 1945 – 22 February 1959
|Prime Minister||Clement Attlee|
|Preceded by||James Barr|
|Succeeded by||Constituency abolished|
|Died||21 March 1964(aged 74–75)|
Mann was educated at Bellahouston Academy in Glasgow and became an accountant. Married with five children, she was a councillor on Glasgow Corporation from 1931 to 1938, where she served as Housing convenor. She became Vice President of the Scottish Branch of the Housing and Town Planning Association, and was a senior magistrate in Glasgow.
In September 1941, the Scottish Branch of the Housing and Town Planning Association organised a conference in Largs to draw attention to the Scottish evidence to the Barlow Commission on the Distribution of the Industrial Population (1940). The conference papers and proceedings were afterwards published in a book titled Replanning Scotland which was edited by Jean Mann.
After she had taken the oath, it was realised that her position on the Rent Tribunals under the Rent of Furnished Houses Control (Scotland) Act 1943 was remunerated and that she therefore might hold an 'office of profit under the Crown' which would disqualify her from election. A Select Committee was established  which reported that her election was invalid; a Bill was rushed through validating it and indemnifying her from the consequences of acting as an MP while disqualified.
When the Coatbridge constituency was abolished for the 1950 general election, she was returned for the new Coatbridge and Airdrie constituency, holding the seat until she retired at the 1959 general election. Mann was a member of the Labour Party's National Executive Committee from 1953 to 1958.
Her memoir, Woman in Parliament, recalled the difficulties facing women MPs and their efforts to improve legislation for women and families.
- Mann, Jean (Ed.) (1941), Replanning Scotland, Town and Country Planning Association (Scotland).
- Mann, Jean (1962). Woman in Parliament. London: Oldhams Press.
- Rosenburg, Lou (2016), Scotland's Homes Fit for Heroes: Garden City Influences on the Development of Working Class Housing 1900 to 1939, The Word Bank, Edinburgh, pp. 234-236
- HC Deb 17 August 1945 vol 413 cc272-3
- The Coatbridge and Springburn Elections (Validation) Bill
- The Coatbridge and Springburn Elections (Validation) Act 1945, (9 & 10 George 6.) 3.
- Centre for the Advancement of Women in Politics: Jean Mann
- Leigh Rayment's Historical List of MPs – Constituencies beginning with "C" (part 5)
- Hansard 1803–2005: contributions in Parliament by Jean Mann
|Parliament of the United Kingdom|
| Member of Parliament for Coatbridge
|New constituency|| Member of Parliament for Coatbridge and Airdrie