Jean Piaget University of Cape Verde
|Universidade Jean Piaget de Cabo Verde|
|General Administrator||Felipe Tavares|
|Location||Praia, Cape Verde|
The Jean Piaget University of Cape Verde (Portuguese: Universidade Jean Piaget de Cabo Verde) is a Cape Verdean university located in the capital city of Praia on Santiago, with a smaller second location in Mindelo on São Vicente. The university is named after the famous Swiss child psychologist and philosopher Jean Piaget.
The main campus is in the westernmost portion of Praia in the section of Palmarejo somewhere about 4 km from the center on the road to Cidade Velha (or Ribeira Grande) and Porto Mosquito, since 2011 it is 1 km east of the Circular Road. Palmarejo, the area of the university was first developed around the late 1990s before the university was founded. Surrounding the university is an avenue around 500 meters long and is named after the great poet Eugénio Tavares.
Until the 2007-2008 school year, it had been Cape Verde's only university. Geographically it is the westernmost university in Africa. The main location is in the northwestern part of Praia. Several campuses are planned, to be added throughout the archipelago. It primarily serves Cape Verdeans, but there are students from the rest of Africa and Latin America as well.
- Science and Technology
- Health Science and Environment
- Political Science
- Economy and Commerce
- Marco Ribeiras Limas (in 2012)
- Osvaldo Borges (in 2013 and 2014)
- Jorge Sousa Brito (probably current)
- According to the Statutes of the university, May 2004, the Administrador Geral presides over the Advisory Council, represents the university in legal matters, and proposes the budget, in addition to other duties.
- Haggbloom, Steven J.; Warnick, Jason E.; Jones, Vinessa K.; Yarbrough, Gary L.; Russell, Tenea M.; Borecky, Chris M.; McGahhey, Reagan; et al. (2002). "The 100 most eminent psychologists of the 20th century". Review of General Psychology. 6 (2): 139–152. doi:10.1037/1089-2618.104.22.168.
- Official website (Portuguese)
|This Cape Verde-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This African university, college or other education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|