||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Jean Spautz (born 9 September 1930 in Schifflange) is a politician in Luxembourg, and a Member of the European Parliament for the Christian Social People's Party, part of the European People's Party. 1930, Schifflange (L), Worker (ouvrier-lamineur) at ARBED-Belval, trade unionist and secretary of the worker's delegation.
Titles, positions and offices
- President of the Christian Syndicates Luxembourg (L.C.G.B.) (1967–1980).
- President of Jeunesse Ouvrière catholique (catholic working youth) (J.O.C.) (1954–1959) and President of the youth section of the Christian-Social Party (1960–1966).
- President of the Christian-Social Party (1982–1995)
- Member of the Chambre des Députés (Luxembourg Parliament) since 1959.
- Member of the Bureau de la Chambre des Députés (1964–1976).
- Vice-Chairman of the Chambre des Députés (Luxembourg Parliament) (1979–1980).
- Member of European Parliament, MEP (July 1979-February 1980 and from July 2004-July 2009).
- Minister of Home affairs (1980–1995), Minister of Family affairs (1980–1989), Minister of Housing (1989–1995).
- Chairman of the Chambre des Députés (Luxembourg Parliament) (1995–2004).
- Honorary Chairman of the Chambre des Députés (Luxembourg Parliament) since 2004.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jean Spautz.|
|President of the Chamber of Deputies
|Party political offices|
|President of the CSV
|Non-profit organization positions|
|President of the LCGB
|This article about a Member of the European Parliament from Luxembourg is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Luxembourgish politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|