||This biographical article is written like a résumé. (March 2016)|
|Member of the New Hampshire Senate
from the 2nd district
December 2010 – December 2016
|Preceded by||Deborah Reynolds|
April 13, 1958 |
|Alma mater||University of New Hampshire|
Jeanie Forrester is Chairman of the Republican Party of New Hampshire and a former Republican member of the New Hampshire Senate, representing the 2nd district from 2010 until 2016. A businesswoman by trade, Forrester served on the Finance and Public/Municipal Affairs committees. In 2016, Forrester decided not to seek reelection to the senate and instead ran for the republican nomination for Governor of New Hampshire, ultimately losing to now-Governor Chris Sununu. Sununu later supported Forrester's successful candidacy for party chairman.
Forrester, a native of Michigan, moved to New Hampshire in 1985. After her graduation from the University of New Hampshire, she went to work for then-Governor John H. Sununu. During this time, Forrester earned a Masters in Business Administration from the Whittemore School of Business and Economics.
Jeanie Forrester served as a Senator in the New Hampshire State Senate from 2010–2016 Forrester was an unsuccessful candidate in the Republican Primary for Governor of New Hampshire in 2016. She became Chairman of the New Hampshire Republican Party in 2017.
Former Legislative Committees
Jeanie Forrester was a member of the following committees:
- Finance, Member
- Public and Municipal Affairs, Vice Chair
Jeanie Forrester has had the following professional experience:
- Co-Owner/Chief Executive Officer, Forrester Environmental Services, Incorporated, present
- Former Executive Director, Governors Initiatives Program for Excellence in Education, Governor John H. Sununu
- Former Legislative Aid, Governor Sununu
- Former Town Administrator, Tuftonboro
- Former Town Administrator, New Durham
- Former Executive Director, Main Street Program, Meredith, New Hampshire
- Former Executive Director, Main Street Program, Plymouth, New Hampshire
- Former Staff Member, New Hampshire Governor John Sununu
- Former Teacher, Business Language, Houston Community College
- Former Secretary, Exxon
Forrester announced her candidacy on April 8, 2010. In the Republican primary in September, she bested then-State Representative Fran Wendelboe by 911 votes. On election day, which saw a Republican sweep at the state level, Forrester defeated her Democratic opponent, State Senator Deborah Reynolds.
Forrester decided not to seek reelection to the senate and instead ran for the republican nomination for Governor of New Hampshire, ultimately losing to now-Governor Chris Sununu. Sununu later supported Forrester's successful candidacy for party chairman, a role she assumed in early 2017.
- "Senator Jeanie Forrester's Biography". Project Vote Smart. Retrieved 2 December 2012.
|This article about a New Hampshire politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|