|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Bal as Jean Pagano in Mr. Novak.
|Born||May 3, 1928
Santa Monica, California, U.S.
|Died||April 30, 1996
Sherman Oaks, California, U.S.
Jeanne Bal (May 3, 1928, Santa Monica, California – April 30, 1996, Sherman Oaks, California) was an American actress who worked primarily in 1960s television. Today she is best remembered for playing Dr. McCoy's old flame Nancy Crater, who turned out to be the deadly shape-shifting alien which craves salt, in the Star Trek episode "The Man Trap".
In the 1959-1960 season, Bal co-starred with William Demarest, Murray Hamilton, and Stubby Kaye in the NBC sitcom Love and Marriage as Pat Baker, Demarest's 31-year-old daughter, who works with him in the William Harris Music Publishing Company, which is in financial straits because Demarest's character Harris will not publish rock and roll music.
In 1961, she became a regular on the sitcom Bachelor Father, but left shortly afterwards. Her other television credits include four appearances on Perry Mason, including the role of Dr. Linda Carey in the 1962 episode, "The Case of the Angry Astronaut," and murder victim Vera Wynne in the 1965 episode, "The Case of the Telltale Tap." She also made guest spots on Bonanza, Riverboat, Wagon Train, and I Spy. In the original Star Trek series episode "The Man Trap" (1966), she played Nancy Crater.
Bal also appeared on Broadway in the musical The Gay Life, introducing the song "Why Go Anywhere At All?" During the run, Bal was given a different song to sing in the same spot, "You're Not the Type."
- Matt Lincoln
- episode Nina
- Company of Killers (1970) — as Patricia Cahill
- I Spy
- episode Happy Birthday... Everybody — as Shirl Mathews
- McHale's Navy
- episode The Great Necklace Caper — as Nurse Edith Crawford
- Hey, Landlord
- episode Instant Family — as Leslie Barton
- Star Trek: The Original Series
- episode The Man Trap — as Nancy Crater
- Perry Mason
- episode The Case of the Wrathful Wraith — as Rosemary Welch
- episode The Case of the Telltale Tap — as Vera Wynne
- episode The Case of the Angry Astronaut — as Linda Carey
- episode The Case of the Misguided Missile — as Helen Rand
- episode Teacher's Romance — as Georgia Grey
- The Fugitive
- episode Tiger Left, Tiger Right — as Laura Pryor
- Mr. Novak — Assistant Vice Principal Jean Pagano (2 episodes, 1963–1964)
- Wagon Train
- episode Alias Bill Hawks — as Alice Wells
- episode The Saga of Whizzer McGee — as Melissa
- The Dick Powell Show
- episode The Third Side of the Coin — as Miriam Kent
- Tales of Wells Fargo
- episode Remember the Yazoo — as Annette Decatur
- Bachelor Father — as Suzanne Collins (1961)
- episode State of Shock — as Yvonne Lurie
- Route 66
- episode An Effigy in Snow — as Penny Foster
- Boris Karloff's Thriller
- episode Papa Benjamin — as Judy Wilson
- episode Listen to the Nightingale — as Julie Lang
- Letter to Loretta — Herself/Host (1960) (NBC Playhouse version)
- Diagnosis: Unknown
- episode The Parasite — as Dorothy Gordon