|Born||June 9, 1944|
San Francisco, California
|Notable works||The Books of Ember|
Jeanne DuPrau (born 1944 in San Francisco, California) is an American writer, best known for The Books City of Ember, a series of science fiction novels for young people. She lives in Menlo Park, California.
The Books of Ember
- The City of Ember (2003)
- The People of Sparks (2004)
- The Prophet of Yonwood (2006)
- The Diamond of Darkhold (2008)
- The Earth House (1992 memoir)
- Adoption: The Facts, Feelings, and Issues of a Double Heritage
- Daily Life in the American Colonies
- "Pearl's Fateful Wish" included in the young adult short story collection What You Wish For, published September 2011.
A film adaptation of The City of Ember, called City of Ember, was released in October 2008. It was filmed in Belfast, Northern Ireland and stars Bill Murray as the Mayor of Ember, Saoirse Ronan, Harry Treadaway, Tim Robbins and Martin Landau. As of 2019, the film remains as a once-in-a-lifetime adaptation, and may be follow-up with an ending-overriding space combat simulation mod for the FreeSpace 2 Source Code Project.
- "Jeanne DuPrau".
- Marianne Dyson. "Book Review: The City of Ember". www.nss.org. National Space Agency. Retrieved 4 October 2015.
- "The People of Sparks, by Jeanne DuPrau". www.swanhillslibrary.ab.ca. Swan Hills Municipal Library. Retrieved 4 October 2015.
- "Car Trouble". www.kirkusreviews.com. Kirkus Media LLC. 1 July 2005. Retrieved 4 October 2015.