Jeannette zu Fürstenberg
|Hereditary Princess of Fürstenberg|
|Born||Jeannette Catherine Griesel|
10 September 1982
|Spouse||Christian, Hereditary Prince of Fürstenberg|
Princess Maria Cecilia
Jeannette Catherine, Hereditary Princess of Fürstenberg (née Griesel; born 10 September 1982) is a German businesswoman and entrepreneur.
Early life and education
Zu Fürstenberg was born on 10 September 1982 in Munich, Bavaria. Her family is originally from Duisburg and owns the measuring technology company Krohne Messtechnik. She studied communications and economics at university in Munich. She studied economics in London and Paris, graduating with a master's degree from the ESCP/EAP. She completed a doctorate in business administration with a focus in entrepreneurship and art during the Renaissance at the Free University of Berlin.
She has worked for Ernst & Young, Synthesis, and AXA. She is founding partner of La Famiglia VC, a European-based venture capital fund investing in early stage tech companies across Europe and the US. Jeannette zu Fürstenberg has been active in the start-up ecosystem as Co-Founder, investor and advisor since 2013. She is the founder of AMAZE, a shopping app for smartphones geared towards fashion bloggers.
In 2011, zu Fürstenberg and her husband founded "Fürstenberg Zeitgenössisch". The project consists of a fellowship programme, annual temporary exhibitions and the establishment of a small collection. The focus is on young, emerging artists who have distinguished themselves in recent years through new concepts and languages of form and have in this context become the focus of international discourse.
On 16 September 2010 she married Christian, Hereditary Prince of Fürstenberg in a civil ceremony in Donaueschingen. They had a religious ceremony on 25 September 2010 in Rome. Her husband is the oldest son and heir apparent of Heinrich, Prince of Fürstenberg. She gave birth to their first child, Prince Tassilo, on 24 December 2012; their second child, Princess Maria Cecilia, on 11 March 2015; their third child, Prince Tristan, on 22 November 2018 and their fourth child, Princess Leontine, on 25 June 2020.
- Fine, Jerramy (14 September 2011). Bright Young Royals: Your Guide to the Next Generation of Blue Bloods. ISBN 978-0425246870.
- "Review 2017". Süddeutsche Zeitung Wirtschaftsgipfel. Retrieved 5 January 2019.
- "Erbprinz heiratet Bürgerliche". Schwäbische. 2 September 2010. Retrieved 5 January 2019.
- Faltin, Günter (30 October 2018). Brains versus Capital - Entrepreneurship for Everyone – Lean, Smart, Simple. World Scientific Publishing Co. p. 197. ISBN 9789813234611.
- "Princely Family". The House of Fürstenberg. Retrieved 5 January 2019.
- Johansson, Frans (1 June 2017). "Episode 7: Princess Jeannette zu Fürstenberg on Art, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship". Frans Johansson. Retrieved 5 January 2019.
- "JEANNETTE ZU FÜRSTENBERG". Hinterland of Things. Retrieved 5 January 2019.
- "200+ Great speakers and supporters of EYES". Eyes International. Retrieved 5 January 2019.
- "Interviewees". The State of European Tech 2017. Retrieved 5 January 2019.
- "Jeannette zu Fürstenberg - Diese Prinzessin erobert das Internet". Bunte. 1 September 2015. Retrieved 5 January 2019.
- "FÜRSTENBERG CONTEMPORARY". FÜRSTENBERG CONTEMPORARY. Retrieved 5 January 2019.
- "LES COLLECTIONS DES PRINCES DE FÜRSTENBERG". Donaueschingen Am Ursprung. Retrieved 5 January 2019.
- "BABYFREUDEN IM HAUS FÜRSTENBERG: Prinz Christian und Jeannette zum dritten Mal Eltern geworden". Gala. 23 November 2018. Retrieved 6 January 2019.
- Heckl, Stephanie (23 November 2018). "Christian & Jeannette zu Fürstenberg Das Baby ist da!". Bunte. Retrieved 6 January 2019.
- "Polo at spring of the Danube – new members are welcome" (PDF), Polo & Luxury Country Life Magazine, pp. 32, 33, 2015, retrieved 5 January 2019
- Hügli-Herrmann, Birgit (5 August 2017). "FÜRSTENBERG POLO CUP – TEAM OCTOGONE WINS WITH A GOLDEN GOAL". Polo & Luxury. Retrieved 5 January 2019.