Jeannine Parvati Baker
|This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (April 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Parvati's first book, Prenatal Yoga & Natural Childbirth, was influenced by ashtanga yogi Baba Hari Dass. Her second, Hygieia: A Woman's Herbal was her master's thesis in psychology at San Francisco State University. Later she co-authored, with her second husband and under the last name Parvati-Baker, Conscious Conception: Elemental Journey through the Labyrinth of Sexuality.
Parvati practiced as a midwife in Sonoma County, California for over ten years, before moving to rural southern Utah where she continued her practice and taught Prenatal Yoga while raising a family. She founded Hygieia College, a mentorship program.
As a keynote speaker at conferences on genital integrity, Parvati was an advocate for eradicating circumcision. She also authored "The Wound Reveals The Cure: A Utah Model For Ending The Cycle of Sexual Mutilation".
- Parvati, Jeannine (2001). Prenatal Yoga and Natural Childbirth. North Atlantic Books-Consumer Hlth; 2nd edition. ISBN 1-55643-382-4.
- Parvati Baker, Jeannine (1986). Conscious Conception: Elemental Journey Through the Labyrinth of Sexuality. North Atlantic Books. ISBN 0-938190-83-0.
- Parvati, Jeannine (1979). Hygieia: A Woman's Herbal. Freestone Publishing Company. ISBN 0-913512-54-0.
- Various Articles and Book Reviews by Jeannine Parvati on Midwifery & Parenting topics catalogued on the Assn. of Pre & Perinatal Health's webpage.
- The Natural Pregnancy Book: Herbs, Nutrition, and Other Holistic Choices By Aviva Jill Romm
- THE WOUND REVEALS THE CURE: A UTAH MODEL FOR ENDING THE CYCLE OF SEXUAL MUTILATION by Jeannine Parvati Baker, Presented at the Fourth International Symposium on Sexual Mutilations, University of Lausanne, Lausanne, Switzerland, August 9–11, 1996.
- THE SEVENTH INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON HUMAN RIGHTS AND MODERN SOCIETY Advancing Human Dignity and the Legal Right to Bodily Integrity in the 21st Century, NOCIRC - National Organization of Circumcision Information Resource Centers
- published in Sexual Mutilations: A Human Tragedy, New York: Plenum Press, 1997 (ISBN 0-306-45589-7).