Wills in 2020
|No. 71 – Cleveland Browns|
|Born:||May 17, 1999|
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||312 lb (142 kg)|
|High school:||Lafayette (Lexington)|
|NFL Draft:||2020 / Round: 1 / Pick: 10|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 11, 2020|
|Player stats at PFR|
Jedrick Wills Jr. (born May 17, 1999) is an American football offensive tackle for the Cleveland Browns of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Alabama and was drafted by the Browns in the first round of the 2020 NFL Draft.
Early life and high school career
Wills grew up in Lexington, Kentucky and attended Lafayette High School. He was named first team All-State by the Associated Press as a junior and senior and was invited to play in the Under Armour All-America Game. Rated the top college prospect in the state of Kentucky, Wills committed to play college football at Alabama over offers from Kentucky, Michigan, Tennessee and Notre Dame.
Wills appeared in 11 games as a true freshman with one start, which came when the Crimson Tide opened their game against Ole Miss with a six lineman formation. Wills was named the starter at right tackle going into his sophomore season. He started all 15 of the Crimson Tide's games and was named the Southeastern Conference (SEC) Offensive Lineman of the Week for week 7 against Missouri.
Wills was named a first team preseason All-American by Athlon Sports and to the second team by the Associated Press, The Sporting News, Sports Illustrated, USA Today entering his junior season. Wills was named a first team midseason All-American by the Associated Press. He was named first team All-SEC and was a consensus second team All-America selection at the end of the season after starting all of the Crimson Tides' games and missing only seven total blocking assignments in 771 total snaps played. In January 2020, Wills announced that he would be forgoing his senior season to enter the 2020 NFL Draft.
|Height||Weight||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yard split||20-yard split||20-yard shuttle||Three-cone drill||Vertical jump||Broad jump|
|6 ft 4 1⁄4 in
|34 1⁄4 in
|5.05 s||4.84 s||34.5 in
|9 ft 5 in|
|All values from NFL Combine|
Wills was drafted by the Cleveland Browns in the first round with the 10th overall pick of the 2020 NFL Draft. Wills made his debut in the season opener against the Baltimore Ravens before leaving the game due to a minor shin injury. In Week 10, Wills won the Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week award for helping the Browns offense gain 231 rushing yards and a touchdown over the Houston Texans, becoming the first offensive lineman to win the award since 2013.
- "Five-star offensive tackle Jedrick Wills to play in Under Armour All-America Game". Lexington Herald-Leader.
- Champlin, Drew (November 15, 2016). "Elite offensive lineman Jedrick Wills commits to Alabama". AL.com. Retrieved November 11, 2019.
- Casagrande, Michael (January 13, 2018). "How every Alabama football freshman played in 2017". AL.com. Retrieved November 11, 2019.
- Potter, Charlie (October 5, 2018). "Jedrick Wills comfortable, confident in role as Alabama starter". 247Sports.com. Retrieved November 11, 2019.
- Paschall, David (October 19, 2018). "Jedrick Wills Jr. shapes up as next great Crimson Tide tackle". Chattanooga Times Free Press. Retrieved November 11, 2019.
- Byington, Alex (March 25, 2019). "Wills Jr. anchors Alabama's new-look OL as one of two returning starters". Montgomery Advertiser. Retrieved November 11, 2019.
- Potter, Charlie (June 19, 2019). "Alabama lands nine on Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America Team". 247Sports.com. Retrieved June 2, 2020.
- Lamb, Clint. "Alabama football: 5 Tide players land on USA TODAY Sports preseason All-American team". Roll Tide Wire.
- Zenitz, Matt (October 15, 2019). "Four Alabama players named AP midseason All-Americans". AL.com. Retrieved November 11, 2019.
- "2020 NFL Draft: Browns select Alabama tackle Jedrick Wills 10th overall". Canton Repository. April 23, 2020. Retrieved May 5, 2020.
- "NFL draft: Jedrick Wills Jr. was born to play football". Los Angeles Times. April 15, 2020. Retrieved May 5, 2020.
- Rodak, Mike (January 4, 2020). "Alabama offensive tackle Jedrick Wills declares for NFL draft". AL.com. Retrieved May 5, 2020.
- "Jedrick Wills Combine Profile". NFL.com. Retrieved April 23, 2020.
- Gribble, Andrew (April 23, 2020). "Browns select Alabama OT Jedrick Wills Jr. with No. 10 pick in 2020 NFL Draft". ClevelandBrowns.com.
- Cabot, Mary Kay (September 14, 2020). "Browns RT Jack Conklin listed as 'did not practice' for Bengals with ankle & finger injuries; Jedrick Wills limited with shin". Cleveland.com. Retrieved September 18, 2020.
- Inbinett, Mark (November 20, 2020). "Jedrick Wills scores rare win for offensive linemen". AL.com. Retrieved November 23, 2020.