Jeepers Creepers 3
|Jeepers Creepers 3|
|Directed by||Victor Salva|
|Written by||Victor Salva|
|Music by||Andrew Morgan Smith|
|Cinematography||Don E. FauntLeRoy|
|Edited by||Misty Talley|
|September 26, 2017 (Limited One Day Release)|
Jeepers Creepers 3 is an upcoming American horror film written and directed by Victor Salva and the third installment in the Jeepers Creepers franchise, taking place in between Jeepers Creepers and Jeepers Creepers 2. Jonathan Breck will reprise his role as the Creeper. Gina Philips will be returning in a cameo as her character Trish Jenner, her first time returning to the franchise since the original film.
It will be released in select theaters for just one night on September 26.
Set right after the first film, the skeptical Sgt. Tubbs joins a task force that strives to destroy the Creeper forever. The Creeper fights back in gory glory as its enemies grow closer than ever before to learning the secret of its dark origins.
- Jonathan Breck as the Creeper
- Meg Foster as Gaylen Brandon
- Gabrielle Haugh as Addison Brandon
- Stan Shaw as Sheriff Dan Tashtego
- Joyce Giraud as Deputy Dana Lang
- Jordan Salloum as Kenny Brandon
- Ryan Moore as Kirk Mathers
- Brandon Smith as Sergeant Davis Tubbs
- Gina Philips as Trish Jenner (cameo)
The third film has been in talks even before Jeepers Creepers 2 was released back in 2003. In 2006, the movie was "announced" and was tentatively called Jeepers Creepers 3: The Creeper Walks Among Us. MGM had originally planned to release the movie direct to DVD, but was unable to find proper financing. The movie's script was written by director Victor Salva, with the new title Jeepers Creepers 3: Cathedral, with Gina Philips returning as Trish Jenner from the first film. For nine more years, the film faced many false starts and setbacks, with Victor Salva saying "the film has came close many times to going before the cameras, and I hope someone sees the wisdom in shooting this".
Officially on September 11, 2015, the movie got the green light to start filming from Myriad Pictures, and was to begin filming in early 2016. However, before filming could begin in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canadian talent agencies sent out an alert to warn others about Victor Salva's criminal past, and then the casting calls were removed, which halted the production. However, producer Stan Spry assured a fan on Twitter that the movie was not cancelled.
On the special edition Blu-Ray release of Jeepers Creepers 2, Victor Salva stated that he has written a new script for Jeepers Creepers 3 set between the days of Jeepers Creepers and Jeepers Creepers 2, where the Creeper terrorizes a farming community. Plans have changed yet again, as Gina Philips is set to reprise her role as Trish in a cameo. The film's plot will in fact be set in between the first two films in the year 2001, although the original Cathedral storyline had the film take place 23 years after the first two films. Actor Stan Shaw, who plays a Sheriff in this film, confirmed to a fan on Twitter that the Cathedral storyline was scrapped as that material was more than 12 years old.
In January 2017, it was confirmed the film was back in pre-production and that filming would begin in February 2017 in Louisiana, instead of Canada as originally planned. Principal photography finally began on February 15, 2017 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. On April 4, one of the cameras of the production revealed in their social networks that the filming was already finished.
During an interview for Edmond Sun, Justin Hall specifically revealed that the film would be released on September 4, but nothing was confirmed by Victor Salva or the movie studio.  On August 16, AMC Theaters Website claimed Jeepers Creepers 3 opens on September 26th, 2017. Rated R and runs 1 Hour and 40 minutes. On August 29, selected theaters began selling tickets along with the official poster, revealing that the film would be on display for only one night. Fathom Events has announced that the film's premiere also features never-before-seen bonus pictures and an interview with Jonathan Breck, who plays The Creeper in all three franchise films.
Since the announcement of the final filming, several photos began to appear on the internet implying that they were photos leaked from the post production of Jeepers Creepers 3, mainly for presenting the actor Stan Shaw that had already been confirmed in the film. The photos ended up being confirmed and shortly after it was released a Behind the Scenes video of the film in social networks.
The first teaser trailer for 30 seconds was released on September 6 and the long-awaited official trailer for the movie was released on September 15 on various YouTube trailer channels.
In an interview for Diabolique, actress Gina Philips revealed that Victor Salva has a plot ready for a fourth intallment in Jeepers Creepers franchise. She said "Victor has written what happens from the second after the conclusion of 'Jeepers Creepers 3'. I think that’s all I’m allowed to say about it but he wrote in such detail and he had a lot of flashbacks to what happened over the years that it made it very easy for me. I got to see what will eventually happen to the character and he put enough flashbacks in there that I got to see what happened to her over the last 15 years. Let’s just say, there’s more to come."
- Jeepers Creepers
- Jeepers Creepers 2
- Horror films
- List of horror films
- 2017 films
- List of horror films of 2017
- List of horror films of 2000
- Monster movies
- Jersey Devil
- Spring-heeled Jack
- "Myriad Pictures". Retrieved August 16, 2017.
- "Jeepers Creepers 3 at an AMC Theatre near you". Retrieved August 16, 2017.
- "Jeepers Creepers 3 rating & running time revealed". August 18, 2017. Retrieved September 15, 2017.
- "Jeepers Creepers 3 A Go With Francis Ford Coppola & Original Crew". September 11, 2015. Retrieved August 16, 2017.
- "‘Jeepers Creepers 3’ Is Happening…Soon". November 14, 2013. Retrieved September 15, 2017.
- "Jeepers Creepers 3 Casting Notice Removed". March 28, 2016. Retrieved September 15, 2017.
- "Is ‘Jeepers Creepers 3′ Gina Philips’ Story?!". January 30, 2017. Retrieved September 15, 2017.
- Miska, Brad. "'Jeepers Creepers 3' Started Filming Today (Exclusive) - Bloody Disgusting!". Bloody Disgusting.com. Brad Miska. Retrieved 14 March 2017.
- "Jeepers Creepers 3 possible release date revealed". May 7, 2017. Retrieved September 15, 2017.
- "Jeepers Creepers in Theaters". August 29, 2017. Retrieved September 15, 2017.
- "Here’s Stan Shaw in ‘Jeepers Creepers 3’". June 27, 2017. Retrieved September 15, 2017.
- "Jeepers Creepers 3 gets full trailer w/ tons of new footage". September 15, 2017. Retrieved 17 September, 2017=. Check date values in:
- "'Jeepers Creepers 4' Confirmed — Before 'Jeepers Creepers 3' Is Even Released!". June 1, 2017. Retrieved September 15, 2017.