|Born||Jeffrey Allan Anderson
April 21, 1970
Connecticut, United States
|Other names||Heff A|
|Spouse(s)||Lisa Spoonhauer (1998–1999)
Barbara Jacques (2009–present)
Jeffrey Allan "Jeff" Anderson (born April 21, 1970) is an American film actor, film director, and screenwriter best known for starring as Randal Graves in Clerks and Clerks II. In between, he has appeared in other Kevin Smith-directed films and has written, directed, and starred in Now You Know.
While Anderson was working at AT&T, Smith was working on his debut movie Clerks. As a joke, Anderson auditioned for the role of "Jay," and based on this audition, Smith later offered Anderson a lead role as video store employee Randal Graves; a foul-mouthed apathetic slacker, who patronized, angered, and mocked his customers whilst avoiding any real work opportunities.
For his role in Clerks, Anderson was nominated for an Independent Spirit Award for Best Debut Performance.
In 2002, Anderson wrote, directed, and starred in his own debut film (as writer/director) Now You Know. The writing process lasted only three months. Anderson received a nomination for Best Male Performance at the Chicago Film Festival for his role in Love 101, and has been seen in Peter Bergstrom's Something Cool. Anderson also started his own production company in Hollywood. In 2006, Anderson reprised his role as Randal in Clerks II.
On September 14, 2010 Anderson made his first appearance on Kevin Smith's SModcast filling in for Scott Mosier on SModcast #134. In his podcast, Anderson stated he had moved out of Los Angeles and into a "retirement community in the mountains" where he is "the youngest person there by 20 years." He also said he remarried in 2009, to an actress named Barbara Jacques he met while house sitting for Kevin Smith.
- Clerks (1994) – Randal Graves
- Dogma (1999) – Gun Salesman
- Love 101 (2000) – Phil
- Clerks: The Animated Series (2000) (TV series) – Randal Graves
- Vulgar (2000) – Surly Duck (uncredited)
- Stealing Time (2001) – Buddy
- Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2001) – Randal Graves
- Now You Know (2002) (actor, writer, and director)
- The Flying Car (2002) (short film) – Randal Graves
- Clerks: The Lost Scene (2004) – Randal Graves
- Clerks II (2006) – Randal Graves
- Zack and Miri Make a Porno (2008) – Deacon
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2011) (TV series) – Smug, in episode "Wookiee Hunt"
- Finding London (2015) – Sam
- SMODCAST #134 at the Wayback Machine (archived November 27, 2010)
- Cahillane, Kevin. "For the Stars of 'Clerks,' It's Take Two", The New York Times, July 16, 2006. Accessed October 25, 2007. "Mr. Anderson's film career was a happy accident. While he and Mr. Smith graduated together in 1988 from Henry Hudson Regional High School in Highlands, they were not close until Mr. Anderson began to rent movies from the video store where Mr. Smith worked."
- "Jeff Anderson". Retrieved 2014-02-17.