This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Jeff Berding at an FC Cincinnati town hall event in 2016
|Occupation||General manager of FC Cincinnati|
|Member of the City Council of Cincinnati|
December 2005 – March 2011
Jeff Berding is the General Manager of the FC Cincinnati USL soccer club. He is also an American Democratic Party politician and former Cincinnati, Ohio, City Council Member. He was elected in 2005, re-elected in 2007 and 2009 and resigned his seat in 2011. He served as Chair of the Rules and Government Operations Committee, Vice-chair of the Finance Committee, and was a member of the Law and Public Safety Committee and the Economic Development Committee.
Berding was elected to a two-year term on the Cincinnati City Council in 2005 in his first campaign for political office. He raised the most money of all the candidates in the race. Although he is a Democrat, the council seats are nonpartisan.
In 2009, the local Democratic Party withdrew its endorsement of Berding.
In January 2011, Berding announced that he would soon resign from his council position, citing a desire to focus on his position with the Cincinnati Bengals. He stayed on the council for two more months before officially resigning in March.
- Mains, Brian. "Oktoberfest Zinzinnati organizers reveal FC Cincinnati will lead Chicken Dance", WCPO-TV, September 8, 2016, accessed September 23, 2016
- Korte, Gregory (2005-12-14). "Happy St. Xavier High School Day". The Cincinnati Enquirer. Gannett Company. Archived from the original on 2008-01-25. Retrieved 2007-02-12.
- Cincinnati Enquirer fundraising report Archived August 22, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- Cincinnati Enquirer on Berding's un-endorsement Archived July 4, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- Preuth, Ian (January 27, 2011). "Jeff Berding to resign from City Council". WCPO. E. W. Scripps Company. Retrieved December 20, 2016.