Berwick in 2012
|Born||Jeffrey David Berwick
November 24, 1970
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
|Occupation||Entrepreneur, Activist, Momo|
Berwick founded Stockhouse, a penny stock promotion and marketing site, which he later sold He later was an investor in bitcoin, appearing publicly on Fox News and other mainstream press outlets to discuss the digital currency. He also appeared on Bloomberg to discuss Bitcoin.
In 2015, Berwick started Anarchapulco, the world’s first and largest international anarcho-capitalist conference held in Acapulco, Mexico.
The 2017 conference is set to be held at the Hotel Princess Mundo Imperial
The Dollar Vigilante
Jeff is the author of the book Shemitah Trends:The Plot to Enslave Humanity and How to Find Freedom which details the financial elite's use of biblical timelines that coincide with major financial market calamities.
In 2013, Berwick announced his plans to co-found the world's first bitcoin automated teller machine (ATM) in Cyprus. Business Insider called the plans "bogus" and "almost certainly nonsense." Berwick responded that the plans were legitimate.
The Bitcoin ATM company confirmed Berwick was a part of its plans. Berwick and the Bitcoin ATM company went different ways, citing a difference in opinion on the future of the company at an unveiling of a Bitcoin ATM in San Diego.
In 2013, Berwick was a promoter of Galt's Gulch Chile project, a libertarian enclave in the Curacaví region of Chile that did not come to fruition as envisioned. He was also part of an attempt to start a free-trade zone in Honduras.
Berwick is host of Anarchast, an interview-style anarcho-capitalist podcast founded in 2012.
In July 2005, Berwick's catamaran, caught in a 50 knot squall, was driven into the rocks and sank. Berwick and his partner survived by holding onto a broken surfboard.
- "Stockhouse About Us". Stockhouse. Retrieved 2016-06-20.
- "Bitcoin Crash Coming". Fox News. Retrieved 2016-06-20.
- "Jeff Berwick Appears on Bloomberg". Fox News. Retrieved 2016-06-20.
- "Financial Crisis Gives Rise To New Class of Market Participant". Pr News Wire. July 15, 2009.
- "This Story About A Bitcoin ATM Coming To Cyprus Is Almost Certainly Nonsense". Business Insider. Retrieved 2015-10-30.
- "The World's First Bitcoin ATM May End Up in Cash-Strapped Cyprus". Motherboard. Retrieved 2015-10-30.
- Farrell, Maureen. "Bitcoin ATMs coming soon". CNNMoney. Retrieved 2015-10-30.
- "Bitcoin ATM Founder: We Already Have Orders From 30+ Countries". Business Insider. Retrieved 2015-10-30.
- "World's First Bitcoin ATM Unveiled In San Diego". ABC 10 News. March–April 2014.
- Steven Bodzin (March–April 2014). "Libertarians Plan to Sit Out the Coming Collapse of America…in Chile". MotherJones.
- "Atlas Mugged: How a Libertarian Paradise in Chile Fell Apart | VICE | United States". VICE. Retrieved 2015-10-30.
- "Anarchast YouTube Channel". YouTube. Retrieved 2016-06-20.
- "Catamaran That Sank In El Salvador May Not Have Been Lost At Sea". Latitude 38. July 2005.
|This biographical article about an anarchist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|