Jeff Bonwick is a software developer, most notable for leading the team that developed the ZFS file system. He was a Sun Fellow and later a Vice President at Sun Microsystems and then a Senior Software Architect at Oracle until his departure from the company on 30 September 2010. In 2010 he founded DSSD together with Bill Moore.
Bonwick published a blog which details the development of ZFS.
- The Slab allocator: an object-caching kernel memory allocator
- Magazines and Vmem: extending the Slab allocator to many CPUs and arbitrary resources
- Real-World Concurrency
- (Application) Method and system for storing a sparse file using fill counts
- (Application) Multiple replication levels with pooled devices
- (Application) Hierarchical file system naming
- (Application) Method and system for repairing partially damaged blocks
- (Application) Adaptive resilvering I/O scheduling
- (Application) Method and system for adaptive metadata replication
- (Application) Method and system for metadata-based resilvering
- (Application) Method and system for pruned resilvering using a dirty time log
- (Application) Automatic intent log testing
- (Application) Input/output priority inheritance
- UNLIMITED FILE SYSTEM SNAPSHOTS AND CLONES, Oracle
- Mechanism for performing polling in a system
- Method and system for allocation of file descriptors
- Automatic conversion of all-zero data storage blocks into file holes
- Method and apparatus for I/O scheduling
- Method and system for detecting and correcting data errors using data permutations
- Method and system for I/O scheduler activations
- I/O dependency graphs
- Pipelined I/O execution
- Method and apparatus for identifying tampering of data in a file system
- Method and system for data replication
- Dynamic intent log
- Method and system using checksums to repair data
- Ditto blocks
- STORAGE SYSTEM WITH SELF DESCRIBING DATA, DSSD
- METHOD AND SYSTEM FOR HASH FRAGMENT REPRESENTATION, DSSD
- Method and system for mirrored multi-dimensional raid, not granted 
- "A Conversation with Jeff Bonwick and Bill Moore". ACM Queue (Association for Computing Machinery) 5 (6): 13–19. September/October 2007. Retrieved 2010-03-21.
- "And now, page 2".
- Meet DSSD, Andy Bechtolsheim’s secret chip startup for big data, 2013-04-04.
- What is DSSD building?, 2013-03-13.
- The story behind the slab allocator, Bonwick blog, Sun Microsystems
- Jeff Bonwick's Blog, Sun Microsystems.
- OFFICIAL GAZETTE of the UNITED STATES PATENT AND TRADEMARK OFFICE