|Birth name||Jeffery Dean|
|Origin||Las Vegas, Nevada|
|Genres||Punk rock, Pop punk, Hard Core|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, Recording Engineer|
|Labels||Asian Man, Jump Start, No Idea, Thick|
|Associated acts||The Bomb, Noise By Numbers, All Eyes West,Dead Ending,Explode And Make Up, Four Star Alarm, Certain People I Know,The Story So Far,Tomorrows Gone,Cleons Down,Zero in Trust|
Jeff Dean is a punk rock musician and recording engineer based in Chicago, Illinois. He is best known for playing guitar in The Bomb with Jeff Pezzati of Naked Raygun, and Noise By Numbers with Dan Vapid of The Methadones.
In addition to these bands, he is lead guitarist for All Eyes West, Explode and Make Up, and Dead Ending. Dean has also played in Tomorrows Gone, Cleons Down, Yesterday's Heroes, Zero in Trust, The Story So Far, Four Star Alarm and Certain People I Know. He is a recording engineer at Million Yen Studio in Chicago IL.
Jeff Dean got his start in music with Las Vegas-based hardcore band Tomorrows Gone in 1994, joining the group early on in their existence after their original guitarist left the band to play metal. Dean played guitar on all of Tomorrows Gone's releases, as well as temporarily playing bass for the band's live shows in 1995. In 1996, Dean moved from Las Vegas to Detroit, while Tomorrows Gone vocalist Lance Wells moved to California. Despite the distance, Dean remained with the band until their breakup in 1997.
The Bomb was formed in 1999 by Jeff Pezzati of Naked Raygun. Producer Steve Albini (Shellac, Big Black) recorded their first two records, 'Arming' and 'Torch Songs'. Current members include Jeff Dean, Pete Mittler (The Methadones, Naked Raygun) and Mike Soucy (The Methadones, Dan Vapid and the Cheats).
Noise By Numbers
Noise By Numbers started in 2008 with Dan Vapid (vocals, guitar), Jeff Dean (guitar), Rick Uncapher (bass) and Neil Hennessy (drums). Hennessy left after the first album and was replaced by Jimmy Lucido. A second album was released August 2011.
Formed in Chicago in 2012, Dead Ending is a super group of Chicago-based punk rock musicians Joe Principe (Rise Against) on bass, Derek Grant (Alkaline Trio) on drums, Vic Bondi (Articles of Faith) on vocals and Jeff Dean on guitar.
All Eyes West
- No Way To Make Time Stand Still 1993–1997 (2001)
- Indecision (2005)
- Speed Is Everything (2009)
- The Challenger (2011)
- The Axis Of Awesome (EP) (2015)
Noise By Numbers
- Yeah, Whatever... (2009)
- Over Leavitt (2011)
- High on Drama (EP) (2014)
All Eyes West
- All Eyes West (2011)
- All Eyes West/Break Anchor (split 7") (2012)
- All Eyes West/Above Them (split 7") (2012)
- All Eyes West/Easy Creatures (split 7") (2014)
- With Wade (EP) (2016)
- Dead Ending EP (2012)
- Dead Ending II EP (2013)
- Dead Ending III EP (2014)
- Class War 7" (2016)
- Jeff Dean discography at Discogs
- "Jeff Dean Discography". bandtoband.com. Retrieved February 3, 2012.
- Thornton, Stephanie (December 16, 2011). "Interviews: Jeff Pezatti (The Bomb)". Punknews.org. Retrieved October 24, 2012.
- "Vegas Archive: Tomorrows Gone demo tape (1994) and 'Live at the Huntridge' (1994)". PunksInVegas.com. Retrieved February 21, 2014.
- "Vegas Archive: Tomorrows Gone 1995 demo and compilation tracks (1995)". PunksInVegas.com. Retrieved February 21, 2014.
- "Vegas Archive: Tomorrows Gone 1997 7″". PunksInVegas.com. Retrieved February 21, 2014.
- "The Bomb". Center Stage. Archived from the original on February 2, 2012. Retrieved February 3, 2012.
- Ryan, Kyle (September 8, 2005). "Jeff Pezzati, from Naked Raygun to The Bomb". The AV Club. Retrieved October 24, 2012.
- Moore, John (January 11, 2010). "The Bomb". Blurt Magazine Online. Archived from the original on July 16, 2012. Retrieved February 3, 2012.
- Jones, Janelle (January 27, 2012). "The Bomb". AMP Magazine. Archived from the original on January 30, 2012. Retrieved February 3, 2012.
- Campbell, Brandon. "Interviews: Jeff Dean (The Bomb)". Punknews.org. Retrieved February 3, 2012.
- Downing, Andy (September 25, 2009). "The Bomb is blowing up". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved February 3, 2012.
- Noise by Numbers at AllMusic. Retrieved July 17, 2017.
- Derogatis, Jim (November 16, 2009). "Demo2DeRo: Noise By Numbers". Chicago Sun-Times. Archived from the original on January 12, 2011. Retrieved February 5, 2011.
- Faulkner, Cole (May 9, 2011). "Noise By Numbers Streaming New Album". ThePunkSite.com. Retrieved January 14, 2012.
- Denker, Bill (March 12, 2012). "Dead Ending". Jaded in Chicago. Retrieved January 14, 2013.
- "Dead Ending". Riot Fest News. Archived from the original on March 8, 2012. Retrieved February 3, 2012.
- Ruvolo, Marc (August 23, 2011). "All Eyes West – Self-titled". Jaded in Chicago. Retrieved January 14, 2013.