||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||Jeffrey B. Fager
December 10th, 1954 (age 62)
|Alma mater||Colgate University|
|Parent(s)||Margaret Bulkley Fager
Charles A. Fager
Fager was born to an Episcopalian family, the son of Margaret (nee Bulkley) and Dr. Charles A. Fager. He graduated from Colgate University in 1977. As a teen, he spent some of his years in the Town of Wellesley and graduated from Wellesley High School in the class of 1973. He began his career in broadcast news in Boston and joined CBS News in 1982 from San Francisco, California station, KPIX-TV, where he was a broadcast producer.
Fager then became an Executive Producer of The CBS Evening News and held senior and field producer positions for that broadcast and other CBS News entities, including 60 Minutes; he soon became an Executive Producer of 60 Minutes II. In June 2004, he assumed the position of Executive Producer of 60 Minutes.
In February 2011, it was announced that Jeff Fager would lead the news division of CBS as Chairman of CBS News, a newly created position. In tandem with the newly appointed president David Rhodes, Fager would head CBS News while continuing to executive produce 60 Minutes.
Since stepping in as Chairman of CBS News, Fager has vowed to "restore CBS News to where it should be, where it needs to be," using the original reporting and storytelling of 60 Minutes as a benchmark for its other flagship news programs.
On January 1, 2015, Fager stepped down as Chairman but continued in his executive producer role. David Rhodes continues to serve as President of the CBS News Division. 
- Jewish Ledger: "60 Minutes: At War With The Truth" by Judie Jacobson May 15, 2013 | Then, on April 7 of this year, CBS chairman Jeff Fager spoke at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church in New Canaan, where he is a member, as part of the church’s weekly program, “Abraham’s Tent: Jews, Christians and Muslims in the World Today.”
- The Needham Times: "Margaret Fager" from March 24, 2015 | "Memorial Service will be held at St. Andrew's Episcopal Church, Wellesley"
- Wellesley Patch: "In memory of Dr. Charles A. Fager" by Carol Kerbaugh April 9, 2014
- Hewitt Sets 60 Minutes Transition, January 27, 2003
- Jeffrey Fager CBS News Bio, February 28, 2011
- CBS News: We'll Never Pay Casey Anthony, Apologize to Lance Armstrong, July 28, 2011
- Jeff Fager Announces His Decision to Return to Role as Executive Producer of "60 Minutes" Full-Time and to Step Down From Post as Chairman of CBS News, November 20, 2014
- CBS News: "Jeffrey Fager bio" by David Kohn February 26, 2002
- "Paul White Award". Radio Television Digital News Association. Retrieved 2014-05-27.
|CBS News President