|Born||Jeffrey Alan Franklin
January 21, 1955
|Occupation||Producer, screenwriter, director|
Franklin began his television career as a writer and producer for Laverne & Shirley and Bosom Buddies. Franklin pitched his own show to ABC called "House of Comics" which featured three comics living together. ABC was looking for a family sitcom, so Franklin added children and the idea evolved into the show Full House. Full House ran on the ABC Network from 1987-1995.
After Full House, Franklin created Hangin' with Mr. Cooper, starring comedian Mark Curry. Franklin departed Hanging with Mr. Cooper in September 1992. His other TV credits include both writing and production on shows such as, It's Garry Shandling's Show, and Malcolm & Eddie. He also wrote, produced and directed the first Olsen twins movie, To Grandmother's House We Go.
On April 20, 2015, Netflix announced the streaming service would pick-up thirteen episodes of Fuller House, a sequel to Full House. Along with Full House stars Candace Cameron Bure, Jodie Sweetin, and Andrea Barber returning, Netflix also announced Franklin would oversee the production along with Robert L. Boyett and Thomas L. Miller. All episodes of the series are due to drop on February 26, 2016.
- Just One of the Guys (with Dennis Feldman) (1985)
- Summer School (1987)
- Love Stinks (1999) (Director/Writer)
- Stuart Little (1999) (Executive Producer)
- Brothers and Sisters (1979)
- Angie (1979)
- The Bad News Bears (1979)
- Laverne & Shirley (1979–1981)
- Bosom Buddies (1982)
- Young Hearts (1984)
- Gimme a Break! (1984)
- It's Garry Shandling's Show (1987)
- Wally and the Valentines (1989)
- Full House (1987–1995) (Creator)
- Head Over Heels (1997) (Creator)
- High Tide (1994–1997) (Co-creator)
- Hangin' with Mr. Cooper (1992–1997) (Creator)
- Malcolm and Eddie (1996–1999) (TV) (Executive Producer)
- Where There's a Will (2004) (Creator)
- Love That Girl! (2010) (Executive Producer)
- The Last Resort (2011) (Creator)
- Fuller House (2016)
- Ramisetti, Kirthana (August 26, 2014). "'Full House' could be revived for new series featuring original cast members". New York Daily News.
- "Jeff Franklin". Moviephone. Retrieved 9 September 2015.
- Robinson, George (4 December 1992). ""They're just the two most special kids," says Jeff Franklin". The Southeast Missourian. Retrieved 9 September 2015.
- "Jeff Franklin: Full Biograohy". New York Times. Retrieved 9 September 2015.
- "'Full House' 25 Years Later: What You Never Knew About the Iconic Show". Retrieved 9 September 2015.
- Kleid, Beth (14 September 1992). "Morning Report:Television". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 9 September 2015.
- Goldberg, Lesley (20 April 2015). "It's Official: 'Full House' Revival Heading to Netflix". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 9 September 2015.
- today.com http://www.today.com/popculture/first-fuller-house-teaser-gives-glimpse-netflix-reboot-welcome-home-t62376. Retrieved 2015-12-18. Missing or empty
|This biographical article related to television in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|