Prior to co-founding Cloudera, Jeff led the data team at Facebook. Jeff Hammerbacher was an Entrepreneur in Residence at Accel Partners immediately prior to joining Cloudera. Jeff worked as a quantitative analyst on Wall Street. He earned his bachelor's degree in Mathematics from Harvard University.
Hammerbacher and his wife Halle invested in bit coins back in 2013. Few years later in 2017 they discovered the investment of $800 yielded them $17000. The couple donated the investment to a cancer hospital in South Carolina. 
He has been quoted saying, "The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads. That sucks.” about product and engineering talents being employed in masses by companies such as Google and Facebook to work on advertising-related algorithms.
- "Why Data God Jeffrey Hammerbacher Left Facebook To Found Cloudera". Fast Company. Retrieved 2016-01-04.
- "Management Team". Cloudera. Retrieved 2016-01-04.
- Lohr, Steve (2015-03-07). "On the Case at Mount Sinai, It's Dr. Data". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2016-01-04.
- "Jeff Hammerbacher - The Mount Sinai Hospital". The Mount Sinai Hospital. Retrieved 2016-01-04.
- "Jeff Hammerbacher - Chief Scientist @ Cloudera | CrunchBase". www.crunchbase.com. Retrieved 2016-01-04.
- "Couple Who Invested in Bitcoin at $800 Donate Everything to Cancer Hospital". Fortune. Retrieved 2018-06-07.
- Farr, Christina (2017-12-12). "This power couple bought bitcoin in 2013, and just donated all their gains to a cancer hospital". CNBC. Retrieved 2018-06-07.
- "#2 Jeff Hammerbacher, Chief Scientist, Cloudera and DJ Patil, Entrepreneur-in-Residence, Greylock Ventures - In Photos: Tim O'Reilly: The World's 7 Most Powerful Data Scientists". Forbes. Retrieved 2016-01-04.
- "Innovator Under 35: Jeff Hammerbacher, 28". MIT Technology Review. Retrieved 2016-01-04.
- "Data Scientist: The Sexiest Job of the 21st Century". Harvard Business Review. Retrieved 2016-01-04.
- "Best Tech Young Entrepreneurs 2010".
- "This Tech Bubble Is Different". BloombergView. Retrieved 2016-01-04.
- "Cloudera's Jeff Hammerbacher on the ugly underbelly of Silicon Valley's startup culture". Pando. Retrieved 2016-01-04.
- Vance, Ashlee (2011-04-14). "This Tech Bubble Is Different". Bloomberg.com. Retrieved 2017-08-29.
|P ≟ NP||This biographical article relating to a computer scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an American scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|