This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Jeff Hertzberg is an American cookbook author and a physician. With co-author Zoë François, he has created three cookbooks on baking homemade bread. The books teach a no-knead method of baking which uses dough that is stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks, making it convenient for home cooks to bake fresh bread daily.
First Book: Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day
Thomas Dunne Books editor Ruth Cavin bought the U.S. rights to Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day after hearing Hertzberg call in to National Public Radio's The Splendid Table on April 4, 2000. Thomas Dunne Books, a subsidiary of St. Martin's Press/Macmillan Publishers, has published all of their books. Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day was an instant success upon its publication in 2007, earning coverage on the Today Show, in the New York Times and the Chicago Tribune, as well as other publications.
Hertzberg and François have written two follow-up books: Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day (2009) and Artisan Pizza and Flatbreads in Five Minutes a Day (2011). The authors provide online support for readers through their blog.
- Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day, St. Martin’s Press, 2007
- Healthy Bread in Five Minutes a Day, St. Martin’s Press, 2009
- Artisan Pizza and Flatbread in Five Minutes a Day, St. Martin’s Press, 2011
- The New Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day, St. Martin's Press, 2013
- Gluten-Free Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day, St. Martin’s Press, 2014
- Hertzberg, Jeff, and Zoe Francois. Artisan bread in five minutes a day: the discovery that revolutionizes home baking. New York: St. Martin's Press, 2007. Print.
- Fox, Nick. "Soon the Bread Will Be Making Itself." The New York Times. 21 Nov. 2007. Web. Retrieved 30 July 2013. https://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/21/dining/21brea.html
- Jenkins, Robin Mather. "Fresh bread at (almost) a moment's notice - Chicago Tribune." Featured Articles From The Chicago Tribune. Chicago Tribune, 9 Jan. 2008. Web. Retrieved 30 July 2013. <http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2008-01-09/entertainment/0801070286_1_dough-artisan-bread-sullivan-street-bakery>.
- Goetzman, Amy. "To knead or not to knead? Local bakers rewriting the book(s) on bread." MinnPost. 17 Jan. 2008. Web. Retrieved 30 July 2013. Houck, Jeff. "A book guide for the chefs in your life." TBO.com. The Tampa Tribune, 6 Dec. 2011. Web. 30 July 2013. Nelson, Rick. "Local foodies write about their passion." StarTribune.com. Minneapolis Star-Tribune, 9 Dec. 2011. Web. Retrieved 30 July 2013. O'Donnel, Kim. "White Bread, Three Ways: Part III - A Mighty Appetite." Blogs & Columns, Blog Directory - The Washington Post. The Washington Post, 9 Mar. 2009. Web. Retrieved 30 July 2013.