Jeff Keane is the youngest son of Bil Keane, and currently inks and colors the syndicated comic strip The Family Circus, taking over these duties upon the death of Bil in 2011, although he had been working with his father on the comic since 1981.
The character Jeffy from The Family Circus was based on Jeff when he was growing up. Jeff was a theater major in college, but gradually grew into the family business. He lives in Laguna Hills, California, in the Nellie Gail Ranch community.
- Hevesi, Dennis (November 9, 2011). "Bil Keane, Creator of 'The Family Circus,' Dies at 89". The New York Times. Retrieved August 15, 2018.
Mr. Keane died at 89 on Tuesday at his home in Paradise Valley, Ariz., but the tradition will continue, said his son Jeff, who has been working with his father on the cartoon since 1981.
- Shugars, Murray (November 4, 2009). "Cartoonists visit Q-West, draw stories from troops". United States Army.
- McClellan, Dennis "Drawn Together", Los Angeles Times, February 5, 1997
- Gardner, Alan "Jeff Keane elected president of National Cartoonist Society", The Daily Cartoonist, June 1, 2007
- Cavna, Michael (29 January 2015). "NCS REUBEN AWARDS: 'Family Circus' ' Jeff Keane to receive Silver T-Square Award". The Washington Post. Retrieved 15 August 2018.
|This profile of a comic strip creator, writer, or artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This profile of an American cartoonist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|