Jeff Lewis (real estate speculator)
Early life and education
Lewis was born in Orange County, California on March 24, 1970. He is a 1988 graduate of Mater Dei High School. He attended both the University of Southern California and Chapman University where he was pre-law and a political science major.
After graduating from college in 1993, Lewis worked for a real estate agent.. Lewis has flipped dozens of homes in Los Angeles, his latest being a 4,300 square foot contemporary home he listed in 2018 for $7,995,000. In 2019, he re-listed the home for $6,995,000. Lewis also owns the home next door that he acquired for $3,125,000 in 2016.
Lewis started his own design firm in 2009. In 2010 he was asked by House Beautiful to design their "Kitchen of the Year," which was showcased at Rockefeller Center. Since 2013, he has created lines of products for homes such as paints, rugs, tiles, and doors.
Flipping Out debuted on July 31, 2007. The show focuses on Lewis' flip projects and his interior design business. The tenth season premiered on August 17, 2017. A spinoff, Interior Therapy with Jeff Lewis debuted on Bravo on March 14, 2012 and ran for two seasons. He was also a regular panelist on the show Property Envy.
Lewis is in a relationship with his business manager, Gage Edward. They had a baby via surrogate, born on October 25, 2016. They separated on 31 January 2019 after being together for ten years. They share custody of daughter Monroe.
In December 2008, Lewis was subject to a restraining order filed by Ashley Jensen and Terence Beesley who were living next door to a Los Feliz house being renovated by Lewis. The conflict arose after a deck that Lewis had constructed crossed the property line onto the Jensen-Beesley property. Jensen and Beesley sued, seeking $100,000 for an easement. Lewis reacted negatively and Jensen/Beesley filed a restraining order. In mid-April 2009 the two parties settled for a $30,000 easement and an agreement that the deck could remain.
- Bellafante, Ginia (July 31, 2007). "A Los Angeles Speculator Sold on Himself". The New York Times. Retrieved April 23, 2017.
- Leitereg, Neal J. "Jeff Lewis of 'Flipping Out' unveils his latest project in the Hollywood Hills". latimes.com. Retrieved 2019-02-25.
- Leitereg, Neal J. "Jeff Lewis of 'Flipping Out' looks to cut a deal for Hollywood Hills project". latimes.com. Retrieved 2019-02-25.
- www.zillow.com https://www.zillow.com/captchaPerimeterX/?url=%2fhomedetails%2f8578-Hollywood-Blvd-Los-Angeles-CA-90069%2f20797367_zpid%2f&uuid=3c2d7fe0-38bd-11e9-821e-bb1fc39e73a7&vid=. Retrieved 2019-02-25. Missing or empty
- "Home Design- Bravo's Jeff Lewis - BELLA Los Angeles Magazine". BELLA Los Angeles Magazine. 2015-10-03. Retrieved 2018-07-13.
- "Home Design- Bravo's Jeff Lewis". Bella Los Angeles. October 3, 2015. Retrieved April 23, 2017.
- "Jeff Lewis Company".
- "Bravo's Docu-Drama "Flipping Out" Delves Into High Stakes, High Drama World of Colorful Los Angeles Home Flipping Premieres, Tuesday, July 31st at 10pm ET/PT" (Press release). The Futon Critic. June 28, 2007.
- Ge, Linda (April 27, 2016). "'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills,' 'Vanderpump Rules' Among Bravo Renewals". The Wrap. Retrieved April 23, 2017.
- "Interior Therapy With Jeff Lewis Episode: "Almost Perfect"". Retrieved April 23, 2017.
- Wagmeister, Elizabeth (April 4, 2013). "Jeff Lewis Lands Another Bravo Show: Property Envy". TV Guide. Retrieved April 24, 2017.
- French, Megan (October 26, 2016). "Flipping Out: Jeff Lewis' Open House". US Magazine. Retrieved April 23, 2017.
- Rosenfield, Laura (4 February 2019). "Here's How Gage Edward Reacted to Jeff Lewis Sharing the News of Their Separation Blog". Bravo TV Official Site. Retrieved 14 February 2019.
- "Jeff Lewis on Living with OCPD". The Doctors. Retrieved April 23, 2017.