|Member of the Kansas Senate|
from the 17th district
|Assumed office |
October 13, 2010
Interim: October 13, 2010 – January 10, 2011
|Preceded by||Jim Barnett|
|Born||April 24, 1962|
Emporia, Kansas, U.S.
|Children||3 (1 deceased)|
|Alma mater||Emporia State University|
University of Kansas
Longbine is the owner of the car dealership Longbine Autoplaza in Emporia.
- Financial Institutions and Insurance (chair)
- Federal and State Affairs
- Kansas Public Employees Retirement System Select (vice chair)
- Joint Committee on Corrections and Juvenile Justice Oversight
- State Building Construction
Some of the top contributors to Sen. Longbine's 2012 campaign, according to the Project Vote Smart:
- Jeff Longbine (self-finance), Longbine Enterprises, AT&T, Kansas Chamber of Commerce, Kansas Association of Insurance Agents, Kansas Livestock Association, Kansas Contractors Association, Kansas Bankers Association, Kansas Food Dealers Association, Kansas Medical Society, Kansas State Farm Insurance Agents, American Council of Engineering Companies of Kansas, Security Benefit Life Insurance, Heavy Contractors Association, Koger Agency, Amidon Plaza Redevelopment LLC, Kansas Jobs PAC, Kansas National Education Association, Farmers Insurance Group, Kansas Dental Association, J.C. Hawes, Kansas Values, BNSF Railway, Senate Republican Leadership Committee of Kansas
Sen. Longbine financed $15,000 of his own campaign, and Longbine Enterprises an additional $15,000, more than any of his other donor groups.
- "Longbine elected vice president of Kansas Senate". Junction City Union. BLOX content management system. Retrieved 23 June 2020.
- "Senator Jeff Longbine". Kansas Legislature: 2015-2016 Legislative Sessions. Kansas Legislative Information System and Services. Retrieved 7 March 2016.
- Jeff Longbine 2012 campaign contributions