|Known for||National secretary of Socialist Action|
Jeff Mackler is an American activist from San Francisco, California. Mackler is the national secretary of Socialist Action, a Trotskyist political party. He was the nominee of Socialist Action for United States Senate in 2006 and President of the United States in the 2016 election. In both cases, Mackler was a write-in candidate. His candidacy was endorsed by the Freedom Socialist Party.
Mackler founded Northern California Climate Mobilization, is a longtime teacher and union activist with the American Federation of Teachers in Hayward, California and is director of the Mobilization to Free Mumia Abu-Jamal. He is an alumnus of Antioch College.
- Rapid conversion to 100% renewable energy to stop fossil-fuel-induced climate change
- For a just transition: Guaranteed jobs at top union wages for all workers displaced in the conversion to renewable energy
- Quality, universal government-paid health care and education
- Abolition of all racist, sexist, and homophobic laws and practices.
- Affordable housing and jobs for all at top union wages
- For $15 and a union now, as a short first step toward a minimum wage high enough to sustain quality living standards
- Abolition of the U.S. war machine
- Amnesty, legalization, and equal rights for all immigrants
- For a Labor Party based on a revitalized, democratic, and expanded labor movement that is allied with the oppressed and exploited
- For a workers’ government! Abolish capitalism! For socialism!
- Delgado, Moisés. "The Class Line in Elections Is the Principled Issue". LeftVoice.org. Retrieved 27 March 2017.
- Baker, Nick (June 26, 2016). "Interview with Socialist Action's presidential candidate, Jeff Mackler". Retrieved 27 March 2017.
- Cornish, Megan (October 2016). "America First: Revival of a fascist ideology". socialism.com. Retrieved 27 March 2017.
- "Vote Socialist Action in 2016! Jeff Mackler for U.S. President!". socialistaction.org. June 23, 2016. Retrieved 27 March 2017.
- Bernie Sanders’ Orchestrated Demise Counterpunch, June 13, 2016
- Playing the Lesser Evil Game to the Hilt Counterpunch, October 31, 2016
- Jeff Mackler at international viewpoint
|This article about a California politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|