April 30, 1961 |
Lexington, Kentucky, U.S.
|Fields||Software engineering, computer science|
|Institutions||George Mason University, Clemson University|
|Alma mater||Georgia Tech|
|Thesis||Automatic Test Data Generation (1988)|
|Doctoral advisor||Richard DeMillo|
Jeff Offutt is a professor of Software Engineering at George Mason University. His primary interests are Software Testing and Analysis, Web Software Engineering, and Software evolution and Change-impact Analysis.
He is the author of Introduction to Software Testing with Paul Ammann published by Cambridge University Press. He is the editor-in-chief of Software Testing, Verification and Reliability with Robert M. Hierons. He also helped create the IEEE International Conference on Software Testing, Verification, and Reliability and was the first Chair of its Steering Committee. He won the Teaching Excellence Award, Teaching with Technology, from George Mason University in 2013.
Dr. Offutt received his undergraduate degree in Mathematics and Data Processing in 1982 (double major) from Morehead State University, and Master's (1985) and PhD (1988) in Computer Science from the Georgia Institute of Technology. He was on the faculty of Clemson University before joining George Mason in 1992.
- "People: Jeff Offutt". Volgenau School of Engineering. Retrieved 8 March 2012.
- "Computer Science Department Faculty". George Mason University. Retrieved March 7, 2012.
- "2013 Teaching Excellence Awards". George Mason University, Mason News. Retrieved May 1, 2013.
- DeMillo, Rich; Jeff Offutt (September 1991). "Constraint-Based Automatic Test Data Generation". IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering. 17 (9): 900–910. doi:10.1109/32.92910.
- Offutt, Jeff (2011). "A Mutation Carol: Past, Present and Future". Information & Software Technology. 53 (10): 1098–1107. doi:10.1016/j.infsof.2011.03.007.
- Offutt, Jeff; Aynur Abdurazik (October 1999). "Generating Tests from UML Specifications". Second International Conference on the Unified Modeling Language (UML99): 416–429.
- Offutt, Jeff; Zhenyi Jin; Jie Pan (January 1999). "The Dynamic Domain Reduction Approach to Test Data Generation". Software-Practice and Experience. 29 (2): 167–193. doi:10.1002/(sici)1097-024x(199902)29:2<167::aid-spe225>3.3.co;2-m.
- Offutt, Jeff (August 1988). Automatic Test Data Generation (Ph.D.). Georgia Institute of Technology.
- Official website
- Google Scholar page
- STVR website
- ICST Steering Committee website
- Jeff Offutt at Library of Congress Authorities, with 1 catalog records
|This biography of an American academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|