Jeff Randall Live
|Jeff Randall Live|
Jeff Randall Live titles
|Presented by||Jeff Randall|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of episodes||1000|
|Location(s)||30 St Mary Axe|
|Running time||30 minutes
(September 2007-September 2010)
(September 2010-March 2014)
|Production company(s)||Sky News|
|Original network||Sky News|
|Original release||24 September 2007 - 27 March 2014|
Jeff Randall Live was a business programme broadcast on Sky News in the United Kingdom at 19:00 from Monday to Thursday. It began on 24 September 2007 as a weekly show, and was hosted by the business journalist Jeff Randall. The show featured interviews with some of the UK's leading business, financial and political figures, with guests including the billionaire tycoon Philip Green, and former Chancellor Alistair Darling.
In January 2009, Jeff Randall joined Sky News on a permanent basis with the programme becoming part of the daily schedule instead of its previous weekly status when it only aired on a Monday.
It was announced in July 2013 that the show would end in Summer 2014, after Randall decided not to renew his contract with BSkyB, but it was later announced that Randall would present his last show on Thursday 27 March 2014.
Move to The City
At the end of February 2010, Jeff Randall Live moved to a new studio in the City of London at 30 St Mary Axe, better known as "The Gherkin". Special programmes like the budget and other business related programmes are also broadcast from this studio.
Boulton and Randall Unleashed
Following the announcement of the 2010 General Election, Jeff Randall Live was incorporated into an hour-long show - Boulton & Randall Unleashed. The show aired weekdays from 19:00-20:00, with Adam Boulton in Westminster and Jeff Randall in the City and summarised the daily election news and reaction. The programme ran for the duration of the election campaign.
- Dowell, Ben (6 September 2007). "Jeff Randall given own Sky News show". The Guardian. Retrieved 15 November 2009.
- "Jeff Randall Heads To Number 11". Sky News. 9 January 2009. Retrieved 15 November 2009.
- Sweney, Mark (21 October 2008). "Jeff Randall steps down from Telegraph for bigger Sky role". The Guardian. Retrieved 22 June 2009.
- Sky News extends flagship business programme Sky Press Office, 10 September 2010
- skynews.com - the final show tonight at 7pm sky news: we've dug up some of the best videos we've shown over the 3 years we have been on air Martin Stanford, Twitter, 10 September 2010
- so skynews.com is the only tv show with the web agenda for only another 10 days... then I cede 7pm to Randall and occupy 8-10pm instead! Martin Stanford, Twitter, 1 September 2010
- Sweney, Mark (2013-07-18). "Jeff Randall to leave Sky News role". guardian.co.uk. Guardian News and Media Limited.
- "Sky's City Studio: 'Don't Mention The G-Word'". skynews.com. 2010-02-23. Archived from the original on 2012-02-01.
- Sky News opens New Studios in The City TV Newsroom, 8 January 2010
- Randall And Boulton In Special Election Shows Sky News, 8 April 2010