Jeffrey Wayne Richmond
January 7, 1961
Garrettsville, Ohio, U.S.
Jeffrey Wayne Richmond (born January 7, 1961) is an American composer, actor, director, and producer. He composed the music for, and directed multiple episodes of 30 Rock, a sitcom created by and starring his wife, Tina Fey. He also executive produced and composed the music for Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, another sitcom created by his wife. Richmond has won three Emmy awards for his production of the first three seasons of 30 Rock. He has also been nominated for an Emmy for his composition of 30 Rock's theme song. He was nominated for the Tony Award for Best Original Score in 2018 for Mean Girls.
Richmond grew up in Portage County, Ohio, and graduated in 1979 from James A. Garfield High School in Garrettsville, where he won the John Philip Sousa award and where his mother still lives. He also played a key part in the creation of the Garrettsville Community Players, directing, choreographing, and lending his creative and artistic vision to many of its shows in its beginning. He attended Kent State University in Kent, Ohio, in the late 1980s, where he co-authored a number of musicals, and wrote a musical score to William Shakespeare's Othello.
Richmond worked at The Second City and Child's Play Touring Theatre before he became music director for the late-night television variety show Saturday Night Live. Richmond left SNL in 2006 to produce and compose music for the situation comedy 30 Rock. Richmond has also appeared as an extra on various occasions on 30 Rock, as the character Alfonso Disparioso; and, beginning in 2010, he directed five episodes: "Argus", "Plan B", "The Ballad of Kenneth Parcell", "Today You Are a Man", and "A Goon's Deed in a Weary World".
Richmond wrote music for the Broadway stage adaptation of Mean Girls, which had its out of town Broadway tryout in Washington, DC. The musical began previews on Broadway March 12, 2018 and opened officially on Broadway on April 8, 2018.
Richmond is married to Tina Fey, the creator and star of 30 Rock. They met while working at The Second City and dated for seven years before marrying in a Greek Orthodox ceremony on June 3, 2001. They have two daughters.
|2005–2018||Saturday Night Live||Yes (2)||Yes (2)||Singer||NBC|
|2006–2013||30 Rock||Yes||Yes (5)||Yes||Yes (8)||Alfonso Disparioso|
|2013||Inside the Actors Studio||Yes (1)||Self|
|2015||Saturday Night Live: 40th Anniversary Special||Yes||Television Special|
|2015–2019||Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt||Yes||Yes (4)||Yes||Yes (1)||Pianist||Netflix|
|2016||Maya & Marty||Yes||NBC|
|2017–2018||Great News||Yes (1)||Yes|
|2018||Entertainment Tonight||Yes (1)||Self||CBS|
|CBS News Sunday Morning||Yes (1)|
|Extra||Yes (1)||Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution|
|2020||Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: Kimmy vs The Reverend||Yes||Yes||Netflix||Television Film|
|30 Rock: A One-Time Special||Yes||Yes||Self||NBC||Television Special|
|The Parker Tribe||Yes||Yes||Self (Special Thanks)||Short Film|
|Hell and Back||Yes||Self (Special Thanks)|
|2016||Whiskey Tango Foxtrot||Yes|
|2016||Fully Committed||Music||Jeff Richmond||—||Play|
|2018||Mean Girls||Music||Jeff Richmond||Nell Benjamin|
|2020||Stars in the House||Self|
- Fredmonsky, Matt (March 11, 2010). "Kent State raises nearly $200 million". Record-Courier. Archived from the original on 2012-03-14.
Richmond also is a graduate of James A. Garfield High School in Garrettsville and his parents still live in Portage County.
- Dawidziak, Mark (2008-04-10). "Tina Fey's 30 Rock,' NBC Thursday-night shows roll out new episodes Ready to Rock'". Cleveland.com. The Plain Dealer. Archived from the original on 2011-06-07. Retrieved 2008-08-05.
- Riedel, Michael. "The unsexy way Tina Fey seduced her husband". Newyorkport.com. Retrieved February 4, 2019.
- Schaefer, John. "Soundcheck Live: Television composer Jeff Richmond talks '30 Rock' and 'Saturday Night Live'". Newyorkport.com. Retrieved February 4, 2019.
- Eisenberg, Carol (April 28, 2008). "Tina Fey's husband is bit player in 30 Rock, major player in her life | Muckety - See the news". Archived from the original on January 23, 2018.
- "30 Rock Producer Jeff Richmond Receives Child's Play Touring Theatre 2012 Victor Award Full". Archived from the original on 2021-12-13. Retrieved 10 January 2013.
- BWW News Desk. "Calling All Plastics! MEAN GIRLS Box Office Opens Today!". BroadwayWorld.com. Retrieved 2018-04-11.
- "Tina Fey Biography". People.com. Retrieved September 19, 2011.
- AP. SNL Star Tina Fey Gives Birth to a Girl. 1 October 2005. Retrieved 7 February 2006.
- Hammel, Sara (2011-08-12). "Tina Fey Welcomes Daughter Penelope Athena". People. Retrieved 2011-08-12.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jeff Richmond.|