|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||Cleveland, Ohio, US|
|Occupation||Producer, writer, director|
Jeff Schaffer is an American film and television director, writer, and producer.
Early life and education
After college, Schaffer and his Harvard Lampoon "writing pals Alec Berg and David Mandel" wrote several episodes of the sitcom Seinfeld. He also served as executive producer during its ninth season. He has also held various other positions on the show such as program consultant, supervising producer and story editor.
Schaffer directed several episodes of Curb Your Enthusiasm and also served as executive producer for several episodes. Notably, Schaffer directed "Seinfeld", the finale episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm's seventh season, which featured a reunion of the original cast of the Seinfeld series (for which the star and creator of Curb Your Enthusiasm, Larry David, was co-creator, head writer and executive producer).
Schaffer wrote and directed EuroTrip, a 2004 teen comedy, and participated in the screenplay for the 2003 adaptation of the Dr. Seuss book The Cat in the Hat. Other scripts he has helped write include two comedy features starring Sacha Baron Cohen, Brüno (2009) and The Dictator (2012). On the latter film, Alec Berg and David Mandel — former Seinfeld writers as well as friends and collaborators with Schaffer since college — also collaborated, and veteran Seinfeld writer and Curb Your Enthusiasm director Larry Charles directed. All four would later write the TV movie Clear History, starring Larry David.
Schaffer married the former Jackie Marcus, also his professional partner, particularly on The League; their life experiences have often been translated into the plot of the series. They have a daughter, Arwen (named for the character in Lord of the Rings), born in 2012.
- "Montecito slate adds two projects". The Hollywood Reporter. republished by IMDb.com. June 3, 2005. Retrieved September 22, 2016.
- Dawidziak, Mark (October 6, 2012). "Warren, Ohio, native Jeff Schaffer is having a ball with 'The League'". The Plain Dealer at cleveland.com. Retrieved September 22, 2016.
- Gray, Andy (February 14, 2008). "Local writers ready to get back to work — Guild members split on Hollywood labor agreement". Tribune Chronicle. Warren, Ohio. Retrieved September 22, 2016.
- Jeff Schaffer at the Internet Movie Database
- The Dictator at the Internet Movie Database
- Chicago -Admin (July 14, 2013). "Chicago to appear in HBO Films: 'CLEAR HISTORY' -Debuts in August!". Chicagotheband.us. Retrieved September 22, 2016.
- Wilson, Stacey (October 16, 2013). Wilson, Stacey, ed. "10 Power Showrunners: A Day in the Life, From Carlton Cuse to Jenji Kohan". The Hollywood Reporter.
|This biographical article related to cinema of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article related to television in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|