|Occupation||Financial writer, publisher|
|Alma mater||York College of Pennsylvania|
|Notable works||Investing in Renewable Energy: Making Money on Green Chip Stocks|
Jeff Siegel is an American financial writer, publisher and musician. He is the author of the bestseller Investing in Renewable Energy: Making Money on Green Chip Stocks along with Nick Hodge and Chris Nelder and is credited with coining the phrase "Green Chip Stocks". He is also known in Libertarian circles as the "Libertarian Treehugger."
Siegel was raised in Baltimore, MD and attended York College of Pennsylvania, where he was a regular commentator for WVYC and a founding member of the Pennsylvania Rho Chapter of Phi Kappa Psi. Siegel was also a participant of three Grand Arch Councils.
Siegel is most notable for his expertise in the field of renewable energy and legal cannabis investing, he founded and runs the website Green Chip Stocks and is now the publisher of Wealth Daily. Siegel has made numerous appearances on shows like the Willis Report, Neil Cavuto CNBC Asia's Capital Connection, Newsmax Media's Money News, Squawk Box and Forbes on Fox.
Siegel was an early member of Dog Fashion Disco, a founding member of The Alter Boys, and has worked on scoring several films including the prequel to the Exorcist, Exorcist: The Beginning. He also appeared on MTV Europe, in the 2008 documentaries Working Class Rock Star, DFDVD, DFDVD II, The City is Alive Tonight and was featured on Farmclub.com. Siegel performed at the Jagermeister Music Tour and the Warped Tour, and was interviewed for Kerrang!. Siegel also lent his voice to The Warriors video game, published by Rockstar Games.
- Investing in Renewable Energy: Making Money on Green Chip Stocks. John Wiley & Sons. 2007. ISBN 0-470-15268-0.
- Energy Investing for Dummies. John Wiley & Sons. 2013. ISBN 1-118-11641-0.
- "Wiley Publishing".
- "Green Chip Stocks". January 15, 2005. Retrieved June 5, 2013.
- "Alternative Energy Stocks". October 1, 2010.
- "Clean Techies". November 17, 2008. Archived from the original on May 6, 2013. Retrieved June 5, 2013.
- "Wealth Daily". February 10, 2008. Retrieved June 5, 2013.
- "Jeff Siegel, Energy and Capital". February 10, 2008. Retrieved June 5, 2013.