Jeff Stevenson (rugby league)
|Full name||Jeffrey M. Stevenson|
15 May 1932|
Meanwood, Leeds, England
13 October 2007 (aged 75)|
|Height||5 ft 5 in (165 cm)|
|Weight||9 st 10 lb (62 kg; 136 lb)|
Jeff Stevenson (15 May 1932 – 13 October 2007) was an English professional rugby league footballer of the 1950s and 1960s. He played at representative level for Great Britain, Great Britain & France, and English League XIII, and at club level for Leeds, York, and Hunslet, as a scrum-half/halfback, i.e. number 7.
Jeff Stevenson represented Great Britain & France in the 37-31 victory over New Zealand at Carlaw Park, Auckland on 3 July 1957, won caps for Great Britain while at Leeds in 1955 against New Zealand (3 matches), in 1956 against Australia (3 matches), in 1957 against France (3 matches), in the 1957 Rugby League World Cup against France (1-try), Australia, New Zealand, in 1957 against France (2 matches), in 1958 against France, while at York in 1959 against Australia (2 matches), in 1960 against France (2 matches).
Challenge Cup Final appearances
Jeff Stevenson played scrum-half/halfback, and was man of the match winning the Lance Todd Trophy in Leeds' 9–7 victory over Barrow in the 1957 Challenge Cup Final during the 1956–57 season at Wembley Stadium, London on 11 May 1957, in front of a crowd of 76,318.
County Cup Final appearances
Jeff Stevenson played scrum-half/halfback in Leeds' 24–20 victory over Wakefield Trinity in the 1958 Yorkshire County Cup Final during the 1958–59 season at Odsal Stadium, Bradford on Saturday 25 October 1958, and played scrum-half/halfback in Hunslet's 12–2 victory over Hull Kingston Rovers in the 1962 Yorkshire County Cup Final during the 1962–63 season at Headingley Rugby Stadium, Leeds on Saturday 27 October 1962.
- "Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org". rugbyleagueproject.org. 31 December 2017. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- "Birth details at freebmd.org.uk". freebmd.org.uk. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- Edgar, Harry (2007). Rugby League Journal Annual 2008 Page-110. Rugby League Journal Publishing. ISBN 0-9548355-3-0
- !Great Britain Statistics at englandrl.co.uk (statistics currently missing due to not having appeared for both Great Britain, and England)
- Jeff Stevenson - Obituaries, News - The Independent
- (archived by web.archive.org) Profile at leedsrugby.dnsupdate.co.uk
- (archived by web.archive.org) Special Day For One Of Leeds' Greatest
- (archived by web.archive.org) Jeff Stevenson RIP
- (archived by archive.is) Jeff Stevenson Times Online Obituary (Paywall)