October 15, 1977 |
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Occupation||Actor, producer, game show host|
|Home town||Mayfield, New York, U.S.|
|Spouse(s)||Stacy Asencio Sutphen (2003-present)|
Sutphen graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in communications from Marist College in Poughkeepsie, New York. He married his wife Stacy Sutphen on October 12, 2003. They live in Los Angeles.
Sutphen began his career in entertainment working for MTV. After switching to Nickelodeon, Sutphen worked as a producer for U-Pick Live, a show where viewers would pick what programs the network would air and on which he also portrayed superhero Pick Boy. The show aired from 2002 though 2005. After serving as a producer for Nickelodeon's 2008 game show My Family's Got Guts, Sutphen went on to host the network's 2009 game show BrainSurge.
He started hosting 101 Ways to Leave a Game Show for ABC in June 2011. On March 7, 2012 it was announced that Sutphen would be the new host of the classic Nickelodeon game show Figure It Out when it came back into production in April 2012.
Sutphen recently launched an internet-based talk show called The Garage Show with Jeff Sutphen. Sutphen invites guests to his garage where they talk about many different topics. On the second episode, former Nickelodeon game show hosts Marc Summers, Phil Moore and Kirk Fogg were guests.
|Figure It Out||2012–2013||Host|
|101 Ways to Leave a Game Show||2011||Host|
|U Pick Live||2002-2005||Pick Boy|
As a producer
|My Family's Got Guts||2008|
|U Pick Live||2002|
- Stacy Asencio-Sutphen (October 30, 2009). "SCV -- Hollywood's Backlot: Jeff Sutphen". The Signal.
- "Jeff Sutphen". Nick.com. Viacom International Inc. Retrieved 10 November 2009.
- Mark, Shanahan; Goldstein, Meredith (February 1, 2012). "Super spectacle at the Super Bowl Media Day". The Boston Globe. Retrieved July 1, 2012.
- Rihanna, Justin Bieber Among Performers At Kids Choice Awards, Access Hollywood, March 23, 2010.
- Harnick, Chris (March 7, 2012). "'Figure It Out' Is Coming Back!". The Huffington Post (AOL). Retrieved July 1, 2012.