Jeff Ward (actor)
Ward in March 2019
Jeff Ward (born December 30, 1986) is an American actor best known for his roles as Charles Manson in Manson's Lost Girls (2016), Seth Marlowe in Channel Zero: No-End House (2017), and Deke Shaw in Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (2017–present).
Early life and education
Ward was born in Washington, D.C., but grew up in Radnor, Pennsylvania a suburb of Philadelphia where he began acting in theatrical productions. He has one younger sister who is a third grade teacher. Jeff attended Tisch School of the Arts along with fellow actor Miles Teller.
Later in 2017, he was cast as Deke Shaw on the Marvel Cinematic Universe television series Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in a recurring role during season five. Originally he was cast as Virgil, a minor character who dies in the first episode of the season, but during the table read of the episode, the main cast felt that Ward "nailed it" as Virgil and wanted him to stay on as Deke, who had not yet been cast. After the reading, the producers reached out to Ward and offered him to audition for Deke, which ended in him ultimately being cast in the part. Ward was later promoted to series regular for season six and seven.
|2015||The Girlfriend Game||Ben||Short film; also producer|
|2017||The Boy Downstairs||Marcus|
|Take Me Out with the Stars||Max||Short film|
|2018||Imaginary Circumstances||Max||Short film|
|2005||Law & Order: Criminal Intent||Darwin Mondale||Episode: "In the Wee Small Hours: Part 1"|
|2011||Body of Proof||Patrick Spradlin||Guest role; 2 episodes|
|2012||The Beauty Inside||Handsome Alex||Television mini-series|
|Holly's Holiday||Milo Ames||Television film|
|2013||Project Reality||Television mini-series|
|2014||Next Time on Lonny||Giles||Episode: "Lonny Goes for Broke"|
|Open Season||Jonah||Episode: "The Night Out"|
|2015||The Mentalist||Matthew Stoppard||Episode: "The Whites of His Eyes"|
|2016||Manson’s Lost Girls||Charles Manson||Television film|
|Rosewood||Wyatt Montgomery||Episode: "Hydrocephalus and Hard Knocks"|
|That's What She Said||Television mini-series|
|Channel Zero: No-End House||Seth Marlowe||Main role; 6 episodes|
|2017–present||Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.||Deke Shaw||Recurring role (Season 5); Main role (Seasons 6-7), 27 episodes|
- Writer, Molly Eichel, Staff. "How Radnor's Jeff Ward learned to be Charles Manson". https://www.inquirer.com. External link in
- "r/IAmA - I am writer and actor Jeff Ward of Manson's Lost Girls - Ask Me Anything!". reddit.
- Losgar, Maxwell (February 5, 2016). "Jeff Ward Scared Himself Learning to Play Charles Manson". Vanity Fair. Retrieved November 26, 2017.
- Petski, Denise (September 27, 2016). "'Channel Zero: The No-End House': Jeff Ward Cast As Male Lead In Syfy Series". Deadline. Retrieved May 12, 2018.
- Petski, Denise (August 4, 2017). "'Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Jeff Ward Set To Recur In Season 5". Deadline. Retrieved November 26, 2017.
- Brown, Tracy (July 25, 2018). "'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'s' Jeff Ward explains how he was cast as Deke Shaw". Los Angeles Times. Archived from the original on August 4, 2018. Retrieved August 4, 2018.
- Li, Shirley (July 21, 2018). "'Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Jeff Ward Set As Series Regular In Season 6". Entertainment. Retrieved January 29, 2019.
- O'Connell, Michael (November 16, 2018). "'Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Jeff Ward Set As Series Regular In Season 7". hollywoodreporter. Retrieved January 29, 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jeff Ward (actor).|